Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funky Lunch

Registered Childminder since
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Funky Lunch

wow there both great sites will have a go try and do a party related to our topics every few mths i see a lot of wasted bread coming thanx

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Funky Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    wow there both great sites will have a go try and do a party related to our topics every few mths i see a lot of wasted bread coming thanx
    No need for wastage!!!

I did heart shaped sangers today and the baby had the lef tover bread bits buttered at snack time, you can save the offcuts and make bread pudding, or breadcrumbs for topping things, making nuggets of your own, makinf bread sauce for the sunday lunch, or put them out for the birds

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has a Nemo sandwich in her lunchbox for tomorrw and my son has Sid from Ice Age........

And, bother you, I have just spent lots of money buying stuff to make bento boxes
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding!
    Post Thanks / Like

they look fantastic
    however if i tried to make them, my sarnies would look like road kill
    Julie

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    My daughter has a Nemo sandwich in her lunchbox for tomorrw and my son has Sid from Ice Age........

And, bother you, I have just spent lots of money buying stuff to make bento boxes
    apologies

Go on what did you buy I want a few egg shapers!
    Am going to the £ shop tomorrow to buy silicone cake cases and they have small bento-ish lunchboxes too - having a few probs getting a mindee eating at the mo and anything that helps will... erm... help?!

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding Girl View Post
    apologies

Go on what did you buy I want a few egg shapers!
    Am going to the £ shop tomorrow to buy silicone cake cases and they have small bento-ish lunchboxes too - having a few probs getting a mindee eating at the mo and anything that helps will... erm... help?!
    I gfound the egg shapers at the Japan Centre, would put a link up but I'm typing one handed while rocking a baby to sleep..... I got compartmentalised boxes (and new lunchbags for them to go in as my kids' ones are fairl old now). Chocolate mushroom shaped biscuits, some bento picks and rice wrappers..... I figure I can do a very simple version of a bento box. It looks fun!

My kids don't want to eat their sandwiches today - they want to use them for show and tell

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

got a winnie the pooh clicky lunch box that's about the right size, got large and mini cases in pink and orange will look at http://www.japancentre.com/ thank you lots! (could you mould grated cheese or babybels do you think??

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding Girl View Post
    got a winnie the pooh clicky lunch box that's about the right size, got large and mini cases in pink and orange will look at http://www.japancentre.com/ thank you lots! (could you mould grated cheese or babybels do you think??
    I was thinking about slicing cheese (or possibly buying cheese slices as it may be easier to do with them) and using small cookie cutters to make shapes. Babybells I reckon you could carve into things

I discovered today that they even have 'weiner moulds' so you can turn hot dog bits into octopi and things like that! Why on earth do us English pepole have such boring lunchboxes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12