Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    May 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Halloween cake surprise for mindees

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    I remember when I was a nanny, I put colouring into lemonade - green/purple. Looked great but there were side effects!
    Oh, yes, one year I put black food colouring into milk! Never did that again, poor kids had black gums and tongues for days!

Love the cake btw, will have to try that next time too, thanks for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    when you are finished making the cake mix..(really whatever cake you fancy as long as it is a light colour) you divide it into two bowls and add food coloring of your liking...or you could leave one plain and use cocoa powder in the other....

then you prepare your cake tin and what you do is you use a soup spoon for each bowl (so you dont mix colours) and you just pile 2 spoon fulls of one colour into the centre of the cake tin. Then right on top 2 of the other colour. You continue until both cake mixtures have been used up...gravity takes care of the spreading out...you just need to keep the spoon fulls on top of each other.
    Hope this makes sense....but it is really simple!

once you cut slices the cake should be stripey. the pic I added is one cut horizontally and looks therefore different.

In austria these cakes are known as zebra cakes...baked with a light and a cocoa cake batter...

this is my first attempt at it so tomorrow when I cut the cake I hope we get some stripes...I can take another pic of it tomorrow.
    Gonna sound like a plonker now but whats a soup spoon

Registered Childminder since
    May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Louise2613...

a soup spoon is seemingly yet another one of my ''own creation'' english words / phrases

In austria, where I come from we sometimes call a tablespoon a soup spoon as you eat soup with it..(as well as other things...)

and sometimes I just translate these things from german into english without realising it...

i have also create a picture machine this way...(a camera...LOL)
    usually much to the amusement of people I talk to....

so sorry for the confusion...what I meant was a nice big tablespoon!!
    Nicole xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    Louise2613...

a soup spoon is seemingly yet another one of my ''own creation'' english words / phrases

In austria, where I come from we sometimes call a tablespoon a soup spoon as you eat soup with it..(as well as other things...)

and sometimes I just translate these things from german into english without realising it...

i have also create a picture machine this way...(a camera...LOL)
    usually much to the amusement of people I talk to....

so sorry for the confusion...what I meant was a nice big tablespoon!!
    No problem

I tried to make the cake but it didnt work, dont know what I did wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12