Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hot Homemade meal ideas / recipies ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    actually I checked them out and dont like the ingredients...especially the hydrogenated oil...one of my pet hates and it wont cross my door...same goes for artificial sweeteners...will stick with my austrian pudding which I think has a similar consistency but only contains milk, cocoa, sugar and cornflour....
    I have to admit I am very very fussy with ingredients....
    Angel delight is actually a banned product in a lot of the EU due to the additives, doesn't get eaten in my house either.
    Ali xx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

made a wicked tomato soup in the slow cooker today now gotta find a recipe for chicken and mushrroom soup as my son loves this and i promised him i would find him a recipe for it if he tried the tomato soup so if any one knows o f a good chicken and mushroom soup recippe i would be grate ful

anyway in the slow cooker i do , chicken or beef stew, soup, bologanaise sauce which i also use for lasagne, shepherds pie, roast joints, sausage casserole, chicken and mushroom caserole, lamb casserole, chilli.
    we also have HM nuggets , fishfingers, sausage and mash, make your own pizza's, roasts, pasta dishes, and proabably more but my minds gone blank!
    i would say ask the kids what they like then ask what they think is healthy and combine the two , mine like fishfingers but we have them with peas white sauce and mash potaoto with carrots in. but as yours r little you probably cant ask them!

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    made a wicked tomato soup in the slow cooker today now gotta find a recipe for chicken and mushrroom soup as my son loves this and i promised him i would find him a recipe for it if he tried the tomato soup so if any one knows o f a good chicken and mushroom soup recippe i would be grate ful

anyway in the slow cooker i do , chicken or beef stew, soup, bologanaise sauce which i also use for lasagne, shepherds pie, roast joints, sausage casserole, chicken and mushroom caserole, lamb casserole, chilli.
    we also have HM nuggets , fishfingers, sausage and mash, make your own pizza's, roasts, pasta dishes, and proabably more but my minds gone blank!
    i would say ask the kids what they like then ask what they think is healthy and combine the two , mine like fishfingers but we have them with peas white sauce and mash potaoto with carrots in. but as yours r little you probably cant ask them!

When I ask my son, he just says "MEAT PLEASE" !!!!

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibali View Post
    Angel delight is actually a banned product in a lot of the EU due to the additives, doesn't get eaten in my house either.
    well I am glad I am not alone....
    Nicole xx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just ask all those who use the Slow cooker...do you cook overnight? Then dish up the food in individual containers for either freezing or using later?
    Or do you do it only over the weekend?
    Most of my recipies (that i like) mean that I have to switch on the cooker at 11am (after doing the preparation) and then it's not ready until 6pm (too late for mindees.
    I LOVE lamb shanks by the way.....just melt in your mouth
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Can I just ask all those who use the Slow cooker...do you cook overnight? Then dish up the food in individual containers for either freezing or using later?
    Or do you do it only over the weekend?
    Most of my recipies (that i like) mean that I have to switch on the cooker at 11am (after doing the preparation) and then it's not ready until 6pm (too late for mindees.
    I LOVE lamb shanks by the way.....just melt in your mouth
    I put mine on at 8am when the first lo's arrive, on high it's ready for lunchtime and then I keep it on warm for dinner for us
    Ali xx

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,
    I have just used my slow cooker for the first time, turned it on at 10am, went out for the day, returned, knackered, opened the door to a beautiful smell and a complete dinner ready to eat!!!

Only thing was my son (the whole reason I cooked the damn thing for) didn't touch it!!!

Still, I made enough to feed an army, between myself, husband and step son we ate the lot, was supposed to roll over to tomorrow lunch!

Was good though!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibali View Post

Ekkk!!! But we all love it in my house! I dont make it for mindees because I don't make pudding for them
    but me and my 2 kiddies like it. we dont eat it often but hey ho, what will be will be - we are here to live a life and to enjoy

Daddy Day Care Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    Ekkk!!! But we all love it in my house! I dont make it for mindees because I don't make pudding for them
    but me and my 2 kiddies like it. we dont eat it often but hey ho, what will be will be - we are here to live a life and to enjoy
    I love angel delight, so when we have it kiddeis dont get to have much cus my portion is so big, see im looking after them

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    I love angel delight, so when we have it kiddeis dont get to have much cus my portion is so big, see im looking after them
    You sure are; ya piggie!

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    HHAHA, Same in our house!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget you can send your recipes to go on the recipe file:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/recipes/

Submit a recipe form is on right hand side at the top.
    Pauline x

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What's austrian pudding?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

my 2 children 3 and 18 months LOVE risotto. its a really good meal as you can put most things in it and as its all small bits of veg etc they just gobble it all up, my son wont eat muchrooms that are in bug pieces but he always eats them in risotto.

spag bol always goes down well

a quick tea/lunch i do is pasta with pesto and cream chees stirred in with bits of chopped ham, normally boil peas or brocolli with the pasta too.

stirfry noodles
    tuna pasta bake
    fish pie

made for the first time the other day salmon crumble, did salmon and veg in a creamy sauce and topped with crumble mix (minus the normal sugar of course!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12