Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default safe christmas tree idea

just had a brainwave , yes you can probably see the smoke from whre you are !!

was wanting to put a tree up this year but have 3 quite young children, one who is young enough to eat the baubles and one who is a bit of a pest and woudl probably pull it to bits. then i suddenly though we could have a paper tree.
    basicly we are now going tomake lots of handprints over the next week, then I will stick them all on to a peice of paper in the shape of a tree, then we will make paper baubles and other deco's to stick on the tree and hey presto a christmas tree thats reasonably safe and can't fall on anyones head.
    gosh think i need a lie down now, brainwaves don't hit me that often!!

june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: safe christmas tree idea

i did that few yrs ago it looks really good. i also stuck little candy canes on it and got the small crackers which also looked great. you can decorate with anything not too heavy really.

dont forget to post us a pic when you done

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

will do with the pic,,, hadn't though of candy canes or crackers, i'm sure i still have some mini crackers somewhere.
    cheers

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we are doing this too the kids have added glitter to the paint I have tried to label the handprints on the back and maybe laminate them so they can all take at least one home after not quite sure how we'll attach them yet! Boots have got lovely conical shiny card trees in their window display and I was thinking of maybe stealing that idea and sticking the handprints on so we have a 3 D tree, or perhaps we could make little Christmas tree hats. Am getting excited now!