Any Christmas ideas for a 16 month old?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Christmas ideas for a 16 month old?

I have a 16 month little one who comes to me once a week, he does not paint, play with play doh or craft bits etc most of time he will just eat it all in given the chance.

I would love to do some Christmas crafts with him any suggestions? I had thought of painting his hands or feet and making a card for mum that way - mistletoe kisses ( feet) or a rain dear with his hands.

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a 17 month old and so far we have made reindeer using footprint for face and handprints for antlers.

We have also done salt dough decorations but I sat him on my lap to paint (I have 2x 3year olds too so they were doing this themselves) and he has swiped the paintbrush at them and I was able to keep the brush out of his mouth.

If he puts things in his mouth you could seal paper and paint in a plastic zip lock and let him squish the paint about and then cut into the shape of a Christmas decoration when dry.

Reindeer food (without glitter use hundreds and thousands). they can use as sensory play, it's edible and then you can bag some with a ribbon tie.

3. Likes KateA liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Angel has bumped up lots of Christmas activity ideas recently on the forum so you should see different threads as you browse.

Here is a dedicated Christmas section as well enjoy!

Christmas Activities

5. Likes KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I have a 17 month old and so far we have made reindeer using footprint for face and handprints for antlers.

We have also done salt dough decorations but I sat him on my lap to paint (I have 2x 3year olds too so they were doing this themselves) and he has swiped the paintbrush at them and I was able to keep the brush out of his mouth.

If he puts things in his mouth you could seal paper and paint in a plastic zip lock and let him squish the paint about and then cut into the shape of a Christmas decoration when dry.

Reindeer food (without glitter use hundreds and thousands). they can use as sensory play, it's edible and then you can bag some with a ribbon tie.
    wow love that idea of paint in the bag :-) think I will try that one as well x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Angel has bumped up lots of Christmas activity ideas recently on the forum so you should see different threads as you browse.

Here is a dedicated Christmas section as well enjoy!

Christmas Activities
    Great thanks will take a look x