CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES

So have you all started them ?

What are you doing or going to be doing ?

Any one got any good ideas or pictures to share ?

Angel xx

2. Likes Rick liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I might start them next week. Not feeling Christmassy yet but I will

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think I might start them next week. Not feeling Christmassy yet but I will
    I don't start until December is in. I then find I have lo's staring at me saying, "we already done that at preschool". It all starts so early.

I seem to accumulate more and more Christmas crafts and activities every year. I make sure I have plenty in for them to do, then find they're absent or full of cold and not up to doing anything or the grandchildren don't come round as expected. Not that it stops me buying more each year, "just in case."

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have started looking on activity websites trying to come up with new ideas - it gets difficult when you have had a child for 3 Christmases to come up with something new!

I can't bring myself to start until Dec but then as Bunyip says you only need a child who attends just one or 2 days a week to be ill and then it gets a bit frantic trying to make sure they take home a similar amount to others - it sometimes ends up being "just plonk you handprint on this and sprinkle some glitter on this" trying to finish crafts off!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

GOING TO START CLAY THINGS THIS WEEK SO CAN AIR DRY AND PAINT IN STAGES NEXT WEEK . DEPENDS HOW MANY CHILDREN YOU HAVE OVER THE WEEK, IF ALOT LIKE ME IT ALL TAKES TIME, AND IF A CHILD MISSES A COUPLE OF DAYS ITS MANIC TRYING TO GET IT ALL FINISHED . AFTER ALL MOST FINISH THE 19TH DEC 1 MONTH AND 2 DAYS AWAY!
    I DO UNDERSTAND CHRISTMAS IS IN DECEMBER, BUT. ITS NICE TO ENJOY WHAT YOURE MAKING AND NOT HAVE TO RUSH.WILL LEAVE THE GLITTER TILL NEXT MONTH!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

whoops, sorry about capitals.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I have started looking on activity websites trying to come up with new ideas - it gets difficult when you have had a child for 3 Christmases to come up with something new!

I can't bring myself to start until Dec but then as Bunyip says you only need a child who attends just one or 2 days a week to be ill and then it gets a bit frantic trying to make sure they take home a similar amount to others - it sometimes ends up being "just plonk you handprint on this and sprinkle some glitter on this" trying to finish crafts off!
    Lol!!
    Been there, done that! Am planning this year on NOT playing catch up and children take home what they take home!
    I have also (so far) barely bought any Christmas craft stuff as I know I have tons from previous years and I want to use it up!
    I also have children who are on their 4th Christmas with me ... Argh!
    I'm not starting till December either!
    My tree will go up on Advent Sunday (30th Nov) and then I will consider it Christmas!

13. Likes hectors house liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I am only going to send 3 craft items home. And they are going to be single items that the children need little or help help from me. And if I use glitter it will be glitter paint..... fed up with glitter everywhere and the rush to finish crafts. I will do a christmas baking activity the week before I close as some kids are leaving the Tuesday. It means the week I close we can play games watch Christmas films and chill....
    Tess1981

15. Likes hectors house, Maza, lollipop kid liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My Xmas tree won't go up until the weekend before Christmas as I put it in the children's story corner/role play area - I put a real tree up outside on the deck though so they can see if through patio doors when eating meals or doing craft activities at the table.

I am planning on doing a Salt dough craft so may start this before Dec, just in case it's a disaster and I have to think of something else. (speak from experience of relying on peppermint creams for parent's Xmas presents - used boxes full of icing sugar and still they were soggy)!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    I am only going to send 3 craft items home. And they are going to be single items that the children need little or help help from me. And if I use glitter it will be glitter paint..... fed up with glitter everywhere and the rush to finish crafts. I will do a christmas baking activity the week before I close as some kids are leaving the Tuesday. It means the week I close we can play games watch Christmas films and chill....
    Can't 'like' on my phone ... But I like lots!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Lol!!
    Been there, done that! Am planning this year on NOT playing catch up and children take home what they take home!
    I have also (so far) barely bought any Christmas craft stuff as I know I have tons from previous years and I want to use it up!
    I also have children who are on their 4th Christmas with me ... Argh!
    I'm not starting till December either!
    My tree will go up on Advent Sunday (30th Nov) and then I will consider it Christmas!
    Hey, Lucky You !!! You can get them all to take the stuff home.

My client parents have about a 50-50 split of those who adoring take home every single 'make' (yup, they'd take poo-ey nappies home if we glittered them and said, "your child made this" ) and those who'd rather clutter up my house than theirs ( "oh, I think we'll leave it at bunyip's - for the display wall" - yeah like I can fit a 7 foot high egg-box robot on my display wall. )

I mind for a couple of the neighbours who've asked if they put their recycling bins out early could I slip the paintings in whilst the lo's aren't looking?

20. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, Ha I used to leave my grown up sons box models from play school on the dustbin ( cornflake box with an egg box stuck to it dripping in glue), just to dry!!.Always saved the most precious of makes I hasten to add

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are doing yoghurt pot bells, thumb print decorated xmas tree cards, pom pom wreaths and that's about it so far.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to try and recreate this photo with my babes!
    christmas card.jpg

25. Likes Dragonfly, lollipop kid liked this post
    Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

some fab ideas thanks

Post Thanks / Like

We are starting next week i am even going to do a trip to local garden centre to look at christmas lights

28. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine start on Friday, I can't wait :-) the Christmas countdown begins!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine start first week in December although we've been making plans already and know exactly what we are doing..

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

after tidying the playroom today, I have now changed my plans. We are going to make a christmasy night sky scene all around the top windows with a santa and sleigh, snowy roof tops and a big moon. I have also discovered so many xmas craft stuff so it's all going on the table and they can just get stuck in this year. So apart from the new baby who's only 11 months I'm not interfering this year. Let's see how long I can keep my nose out and my hands off!!

32. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    after tidying the playroom today, I have now changed my plans. We are going to make a christmasy night sky scene all around the top windows with a santa and sleigh, snowy roof tops and a big moon. I have also discovered so many xmas craft stuff so it's all going on the table and they can just get stuck in this year. So apart from the new baby who's only 11 months I'm not interfering this year. Let's see how long I can keep my nose out and my hands off!!
    :-) :-) :-)
    I am very tempted to just put out all my Christmas craft bits and see what happens! But ... I only have 1 LO who would be interested and the Schoolies would rush to do everything all at once! so I don't think it will work! :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast