Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Treasure box ideas

Morning all,
    I am going to put together a Christmas Treasure box for December. So far I have bead garlands, Santa cloth book, Fuzzy star, cuddly reindeer, fir cone and jingly bells. Does anyone else have any ideas please?
    Thanks

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Glitter Guest

Some of the things I have planned to use are:

tinsel
    plastic baubles (shiny ones that reflect their faces)
    some pine needles in a cloth bag (to smell)
    cinnamon sticks in a plastic bottle with holes in
    scrunched up wrapping paper
    snowflake sequins in a sealed plastic bag with a little water
    a big present bow
    a star cut out of shiny card

I am really looking forward to making mine next week!

4. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have much the same in mine but my lo loves socks so I've added Father Christmas socks to mine to.
    I like the idea of cinnamon sticks in a bottle, I think I may try that idea if that's ok?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have bits of tinsel, bits of a bead garland, bits of fake Christmas tree ( it seems to shred a branch every year! ), some fake snow in a little jam jar ( made last year, and still light and fluffy! ), some baubles, some old Christmas cards, a couple of stockings, a Russian doll father Christmas, a Christmas tree toy that droops when you press the base, some gift tags, some bells, a golden felt star (padded), some red felt snowflake coasters, a small wrapped present COMPLETLY wrapped in clear tape , a couple of small Christmas tins, some cloves in a little gauze bag, some cinnamon sticks in a gauze bag, some irridesent shredded plastic stuff in a gauze bag, and a couple of bits of fake holly! AND I have a gorgeous Christmas box that my secret santa came in last year its so nice, I am watching it carefully, and the minute it gets thrown around i'm taking it out!

mine do all sorts with it!

I have santa hats to add to the mix next week, plus some wrapped parcels numbered 1-10 plus some old Christmas cards & envelopes to write and post in postbox ( pop it in the post elc game! ... LOVE the postbox, we use it lots! rarely for the game though! )

I also have some old rolls/sheets of wrapping paper I will put out one day and see what happens !!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 05-12-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot!

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ooo loads of great ideas

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleDs31 View Post
    I have much the same in mine but my lo loves socks so I've added Father Christmas socks to mine to.
    I like the idea of cinnamon sticks in a bottle, I think I may try that idea if that's ok?
    My daughter used to love playing with socks when she was a one year old!