Can I use normal poster paint on canvas??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I use normal poster paint on canvas??

Ok so I bought some canvases a few weeks ago intending to do hand/foot print reindeer on them but it has just occured to me that I only have the normal ready made poster paint, don't really have time to get acrylic paint and it all looks quite expensive. Will this work?? I saw somewhere that if you mix the paint with a little pva glue it gives it a shiny sheen, should I try this? Help!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to do the reindeer footprints on canvas too.
    I went into my local art shop to get some poster paint and bumped in to my next door neighbour who worked there. I told her what I was going to do and she said I would need to coat the canvas with something otherwise the poster paint will flake off when dry.

She took my canvases and did it for me at home. I don't know what it was but the footprints look fantastic. I will try and find out for you.
    littletreasures xx

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used poster paint on normal canvases, no problem. Acrylic is very tricky with children as once it dries it will NOT come off at all and is a nightmare on clothes. The canvases are pre-prepared and ready to use, old fashioned artists canvases would need priming but nowadays these cheap little canvases on a wooden frame are ready to use.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have just done this x with normal paint, they look fabby

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some little pots of metallic poster paints and made handprints on canvasses, they came out really well and are three years old now.