help all under 18 month
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help all under 18 month

apart from the santa hand ornament (which i have to paint), some card baubles for them to paint and some xmas pictures, any idea what else i could try? there all quite young and i don't want to use glitter (they eat everything!) and i'm generally limited. please help x
    hugs and lollipops

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We made christmas cards with handprints / finger prints which worked really week and very effective. Each child made 5 cards and they took them home so that parents could send them to relatives etc. The parents LOVED them! They did need some help though so that they stayed neat - ish!

I've tried to attach a picture but it won't work.

We did a Reindeer (brown handprint and red fingerprint for nose)
    A wreath - green and red finger painting
    Christmas Tree with baubles (Green handprint for tree, different coloured finger prints for baubles)
    Fairy lights - (finger painting in different colours)

Hope that helps

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

IMG_5812.jpg

This should work.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RuthJ View Post
    IMG_5812.jpg

This should work.
    No wonder the parents loved them! They are brilliant!

5. Likes RuthJ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

remember that parents want something that there child has made not something you have made. How about letting them loose with some gold green and red paint with fingers or a brush nad cutting shapes out of what they make like a tree or something. stick it onto hard card then put one of those little calenders at the bottom. I, not very good at explaning so hope you get what i mean

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I get what you mean. We did something similar in the spring - painted different shades of green and yellow on a huge piece of paper, then cut out circles and joined them together to make very hungry caterpillars!

I do free art with the 18 month old most days, but it was nice to make something special and that the parents could use to send to friends and relatives .

x

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RuthJ View Post
    Yes, I get what you mean. We did something similar in the spring - painted different shades of green and yellow on a huge piece of paper, then cut out circles and joined them together to make very hungry caterpillars!

I do free art with the 18 month old most days, but it was nice to make something special and that the parents could use to send to friends and relatives .

x
    Hi, today the children enjoyed playing with snow paint ( shaving foam n PVA glue) I then cut out once dry into snowflakes for the really young ones I put whizzy cream on there highchair trays they had great fun making marks in the cream

We have also made peppermint creams - well I plus 2 yr old rolled some mixture around mat and 1 year old just kept eating it - dnot blame him thou was v yummy.

Tommorow plan is ice cream cone covered in green butter icing and smarties - ( christmas tress) I know more sugar but everything goes in the mouth and at least this doesn't result in glittery nappies.

Enjoy xT

9. Likes Kirstylob liked this post