DfE renews drive to set up Cms agencies (22 Jan 2016)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default DfE renews drive to set up Cms agencies (22 Jan 2016)

An update on the agencies and.... as we are now aware.... many meetings are being held all over the place

It seems to me that 4 Children have not got the message yet about how cms feel about agencies....having being given money to support agencies by the DfE they are doing just that!

DfE renews drive to set up childminder agencies | Nursery World

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They never have because they are paid by the Government.

They have never shown any interest or knowledge about how childminders work ever!

They are being given the money to promote Agencies as they have been from day one so that is what they will do.

Simona Guest

Of course they have received a hefty grant to promote agencies and are now accountable to spend it that way....2015 grant was £ 354,898! previous year £397,379 and they are having to spend it....figures in front of me!

Please remember that some agencies will be run by cms...ours is run by 2 ex cms and agencies are asking cms to be mentors to their new members....job done?

I also think cms feel strongly we have not been listened to and have proved that agencies have totally failed to address the very reason they were introduced...recruiting new cm...that was a flop... raising standards which cms have done by achieving 85% Good/outstanding grades...and cms support where we could get it...the reason Ofsted endorsed agencies as HMI said on Tuesday.

Hence the OBC questions which left the HMI lost for words when I put them to her and which the whole room agreed with.

Lets be proactive in preventing any cms joining an agency or leaving if they feel they have made a mistake!

On we soldier with determination !!