CMs Agencies with no CMs on their books
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default CMs Agencies with no CMs on their books

Only one agency...Leap Ahead in my LA...is processing registration for cms.
    Most cms interested will be ex Network ones who seemed to be interested when we had meetings..

Childminder agencies without any childminders on their books | Nursery World

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pah Sounds like a real flop to me (here's hoping)

'In the process' of registering childminders?

What..just like i'm in the process of becoming a millionaire (when I get that winning ticket)
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting information on our very own Agency12:

City Childcare Childminding Agency was registered with Ofsted on 24 June.

The agency, which is still in the early stages of setting up, has yet to register any childminders.

Based in Woodford Green in London, City Childcare Childminding Agency is being run by nursery provider Louise Felstead (pictured), who holds an Early Years Teacher qualification and is training to become an Ofsted inspector.

So not only do we have an agency among us, but a trainee Ofsted inspector as well

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the government minister is thinking?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

The agency, which is still in the early stages of setting up, has yet to register any childminders.

Based in Woodford Green in London, City Childcare Childminding Agency is being run by nursery provider Louise Felstead (pictured), who holds an Early Years Teacher qualification and is training to become an Ofsted inspector.

So not only do we have an agency among us, but a trainee Ofsted inspector as well
    And if I remember well Agency 12 first question was about safeguarding.
    I did not understand her statement on parents asking a nursery for mixed care...CMs get asked as well and that will be very much in demand when the. 30 hours comes in but CMs can still work with nurseries and preschools without going off to an agency!

Smiley....we were tweeting to Sam Gyimah today telling him to UTurn as no one wants or needs agencies.
    He mentioned ' myths' about agencies but there are none...we just don't want them or need them now CMs have an 85% good/outstanding grades.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Well we all realised she was a spy but turned out to be a double agent!

7. Likes Mouse, Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I wonder what the government minister is thinking?
    Wrong question.

I wonder if the government minister is thinking.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Well we all realised she was a spy but turned out to be a double agent!
    Maybe we could return the favour and infiltrate a 'mole' into the agency.

Anyone live near Woodford Green?

10. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Maybe we could return the favour and infiltrate a 'mole' into the agency.

Anyone live near Woodford Green?
    I think you would be the appropriate candidate...if you fancy a bit of commuting!
    Agency 12 will be too busy inspecting other settings so she would need safe pair of hands!
    Go for it!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I think you would be the appropriate candidate...if you fancy a bit of commuting!
    Agency 12 will be too busy inspecting other settings so she would need safe pair of hands!
    Go for it!
    Ha! Even when I lived I London, I never fancied Woodford. Once glance at the Tube map tells you it's the place the Central Line planners got to and decided the best thing to do was to come back again.

Btw, you don't by any chance happen to know that Twickenham landlord who got sent down for killing a customer with an ironing board, do you? It was kind of tragic and hilarious at the same time.

Simona Guest

Ha! Even when I lived I London, I never fancied Woodford. Once glance at the Tube map tells you it's the place the Central Line planners got to and decided the best thing to do was to come back again.

Btw, you don't by any chance happen to know that Twickenham landlord who got sent down for killing a customer with an ironing board, do you? It was kind of tragic and hilarious at the same time.
    Mmmm...know of him but do not know him personally.

Definetely a mixture of tragedy in this and a bit of comedy...that pub does not strike me as one where an ironing board is at hand to hit complaining customers?
    I drove past it on the day of the accident!

Simona Guest

Boring...boring...boring....no news has come out of any agency recruiting CMs as members

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Agency12 is being very quiet.....
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Still here, new website design (new logos) and promotion materials under way, met with our website marketing people yesterday

17. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agency12 View Post
    Still here, new website design (new logos) and promotion materials under way, met with our website marketing people yesterday
    Interesting.... but it does not tell us how many cms are on your waiting list to register with your agency....if any?

19. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Website.................
    Logos....................
    Promotion..............
    Website (again).......
    Marketing..............

...no mention of children, families, parents, childminders...............

Now we see how the agencies set their priorities, all is laid bare.

Shame.

Simona Guest

Website.................
    Logos....................
    Promotion..............
    Website (again).......
    Marketing..............

...no mention of children, families, parents, childminders...............

Now we see how the agencies set their priorities, all is laid bare.

Shame.
    Children, families, parents and CMs are all going to be 'marketed' ....I expect CMs may have to wear a Tshirt with the logo 'I am an Agency cm'!....perish the thought
    I curse the day Truss turned childcare into a market...it's all her fault!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Children, families, parents and CMs are all going to be 'marketed' ....I expect CMs may have to wear a Tshirt with the logo 'I am an Agency cm'!....perish the thought
    I curse the day Truss turned childcare into a market...it's all her fault!
    I'm no fan of Ms. Truss, but I don't believe she turned childcare into a market. I think that is too big a claim even for an ultimate class-traitor wrecking-ball careerist politico like Truss. I suspect money has changed hands to have children cared for since the Pharoah's daughter put Moses out to a wet-nurse.

Regulation did a lot to strengthen and accelerate the reality of childcare as a marketable commodity, because it limited the supply of legal paid-for childcare and created something akin to a closed-shop scenario (not so much in the trades union sense, but more like the Medieval guilds.) In that respect, we are more responsible than The Truss Woman for the marketplace aspect of childcare.

I don't presume to put words in your mouth but, if I guess correctly that you mean Truss put the economics before the child, then I agree with you on that much.

And now she's doing to the dairy farmers pretty much what she did for childcare.............................

Simona Guest

I'm no fan of Ms. Truss, but I don't believe she turned childcare into a market. I think that is too big a claim even for an ultimate class-traitor wrecking-ball careerist politico like Truss. I suspect money has changed hands to have children cared for since the Pharoah's daughter put Moses out to a wet-nurse.

Regulation did a lot to strengthen and accelerate the reality of childcare as a marketable commodity, because it limited the supply of legal paid-for childcare and created something akin to a closed-shop scenario (not so much in the trades union sense, but more like the Medieval guilds.) In that respect, we are more responsible than The Truss Woman for the marketplace aspect of childcare.

I don't presume to put words in your mouth but, if I guess correctly that you mean Truss put the economics before the child, then I agree with you on that much.

And now she's doing to the dairy farmers pretty much what she did for childcare.............................
    Absolutely spot on...she did put economics before the children and it proved a big fail....the whole system has deviated to outcomes, hard working families and a lot more waffle!

As for what she is doing to farmers...especially milk farmers...look no further that her BBC Any Qustions input last Friday!

Sorry for the deviation everyone but that is worth listening to if you want a laugh or tear your hair out!
    I have never in my life wished something to fail so much as I wish agencies to flop on their bellies!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never in my life wished something to fail so much as I wish agencies to flop on their bellies!
    I do think there is a need for some of the services that agencies are supposed to be supplying - training, support when registering, a local point of contact...

...oh, hang on a minute...wasn't that what LAs used to do before all their funding and responsibility was taken away from them?

Here's a radical idea...what if LAs had been given more funding and more responsibility rather than stripping it all and handing power over to money-making agencies who have very little knowledge about childminders?

I know not all LAs were as good as ours, but what if efforts had been put into improving them rather than ditching them all and replacing them with secretive agencies who offer nothing at all?

25. Likes mum26, hectors house liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast