Please help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Please help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help

Can anyone tel me how long after your pre reg do you get informed if you have passed registration and can begin minding? Also how do they let you know, by phone call?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted will put it in writing and give you a certificate - re-post your question on the independent childminders forum for an average time -

we (agency) plan to have a same day/24hrs certificate so you can get insured / started,
    (We'll tell ofsted we approved you)

Early days to make promises but that is how we planned it with ofsted and they were ok with it

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    Can anyone tel me how long after your pre reg do you get informed if you have passed registration and can begin minding? Also how do they let you know, by phone call?

Thank you
    Didn't they tell you at your pre reg?

It's usually quite quick for them to send the certificate out
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Jessymax
    This is the guidance regarding your registration process including your registration visit
    It does not say how long before you get the certificate ...I would wait a couple of weeks then call Ofsted to chase 'their notice of intention' to register you.
    Ofsted have reviewed their process and I am sure they will not keep you waiting...don't be scared of making that call to Ofsted Helpline to chase your certificate especially if you have families waiting for you to start caring for their children.

https://www.gov.uk/register-childmin...fter-you-apply

Agency12...the process for agencies may vary from agency to agency as each will have a different model
    so up to you if you 'make promises'...what you do is relevant to your members not independent CMs.

Jessymax is registering as an Independent CM with OFSTED therefore has to wait for Ofsted...while you as an agency register your own members...let's not blur the lines on this....agency cms are not registered with Ofsted and therefore do not get a 'registration visit' as you carry out that visit and are the judge of that.

Jessymax...good luck and keep us posted!
    Last edited by Simona; 23-08-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told at my visit I could start - and when to expect my certificate in the post. I was still in full time employment at the time - so needed to wait until I signed first contracts to give notice on that!