Primary school become 1st CMs agency
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default Primary school become 1st CMs agency

Primary school becomes first childminder agency | Children & Young People Now

Our childcare Minister has wasted no time in praise of the agency...with a good pinch of rhetoric

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...o-first-agency

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw this thanks and I've looked on their agency website again today. I still find it strange that the three childminders appear to have fictitious names and addresses.

Simona Guest

I have not been able to find the website you mention Smiley.....would you be s kind as to share the link so cms who do not do FB keep updated...thanks

This is the school website and says nothing about agencies.

St. Bede Academy, Bolton

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, this is the one I was referring to

Childcare Agency

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Sorry, this is the one I was referring to

Childcare Agency
    Thank you Smiley
    I have found some of the details rather disturbing and frankly very unprofessional especially the section showing 3 male cms...one apparently with the same name and address as Superman I believe??
    It gives them an agency rating...how when the agency has not been inspected as yet?

Under the packages...the info is all the same and there is no mention of any costs to cms or parents
    The details of self employment 'within your own home' is rather ambiguous

Hope this is enough to raise and report concerns

7. Likes Lal liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have found some of the details rather disturbing and frankly very unprofessional especially the section showing 3 male cms...one apparently with the same name and address as Superman I believe??

Hope this is enough to raise and report concerns
    They are Superman, Batman and The Flash

I would guess the website if just being set up at the moment as most of the links don't seem to work.

9. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It all seems really worrying to me. A large 'academy' with 6 nurseries already looking to recruit childminders, It all sounds very business like.

Seems that I'm making the right decision to give up in Sept 16 if this is the way its going.

The website looks more like a dating agency rather than someone looking for a childminder. The mugshots don't look like any childminders I've seen .. lol (Apoloies Bunyip if you are similar looking to one of these chaps)
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

11. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I would guess the website if just being set up at the moment as most of the links don't seem to work.
    Maybe I could set up a close working relationship with Batman...just to share notes and stuff
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Simona Guest

I am totally and utterly ignorant on the subject of setting up a website and characters as you can gather.... but ...if I were to try and sell mine to others I would ensure it did not go live with Mickey Mouse details...ooops....sorry don't take that wrong

Considering they are now registered at a very fast pace they should have had the time to prepare while 'teaming up with the DfE' and during their trials as it was obvious they were going to be the 'chosen' ones to lead the agency saga.

I like your thinking JCrakers!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Maybe I could set up a close working relationship with Batman...just to share notes and stuff
    Batman must have something a bit special - he's 4 star rated and the others are only 3

15. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I am totally and utterly ignorant on the subject of setting up a website and characters as you can gather.... but ...if I were to try and sell mine to others I would ensure it did not go live with Mickey Mouse details...ooops....sorry don't take that wrong

Considering they are now registered at a very fast pace they should have had the time to prepare while 'teaming up with the DfE' and during their trials as it was obvious they were going to be the 'chosen' ones to lead the agency saga.

I like your thinking JCrakers!!!
    I agree completely - if you want your business to be treated seriously you'd make sure the website was up & running properly before you published it (or whatever you do with a website).

I've looked on their FB page and there's very little info on there - certainly nothing that isn't on the website. There's no info about packages & costs, just a post saying the first 5 childminders to register will receive "great savings".

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One childminder has already left a review saying thanks to the agency business has never been so good! This surely must be a 'trial' website , its certainly not the one I found when I googled. If its the actual website then they need to be reported for false information and false advertising!

18. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm concerned that Barry Allen has space for 8 children under the age of 5

Simona Guest

I agree completely - if you want your business to be treated seriously you'd make sure the website was up & running properly before you published it (or whatever you do with a website).

I've looked on their FB page and there's very little info on there - certainly nothing that isn't on the website. There's no info about packages & costs, just a post saying the first 5 childminders to register will receive "great savings".
    Uh Uh...I was under the impression they had a queue of cms waiting to register?...remember their rhetoric during the trials?

Hope CMs are wise old beavers and not taken by huge savings based on non existing figures

I was thinking a spell on The Apprentice may do this agency good ...no costs...no idea of their USP...firing would not take that long
    Rather laughable I think

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't even know how to set up a website. Pages under construction should be hidden from the public. They have used fictional names to work out the layout. FAIL!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't believe it when I first saw the site a few weeks ago, seems a very strange way to promote a new business!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I couldn't believe it when I first saw the site a few weeks ago, seems a very strange way to promote a new business!
    You Smiley fox...you kept it all to yourself!!
    Mind you it took me ages to find the right St Bede's school in the 1st place as you know...there are sooo many and never found the link to their website that's why I asked if you could share

Mmmm....thinking about a few questions to put to Sam Gyimah next week at #eytalking...since St Bedes can do no wrong for him, maybe he should take a look at their website?....food for thought

24. Likes mum26, Smiley liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say anything Simona. Let the wonderful St Bede's look stupid and maybe they will shoot themselves because i would hope any self repecting cm would walk a million miles in the opposite direction! Let them fail on their own, don't tell them what they are doing wrong!

26. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just popped on to website to see for myself what St Bedes is all about. If I was a childminder locally it doesn't give me confident vibes about the service they might provide for me!
    You would think if the website designers are going to use fictional characters they would choose a childcare one, Mary Poppins, Euphegenia Doubtfire etc... though I have a LO who would love the action packed, shoot em up childcare that I would imagine you would get from Bruce - good role model for promoting characteristics of learning, solving problems, seeking challenges.

The idea of when you have low days being able to do supply in the nursery might be a positive for some - if you don't have your own children to care for though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast