Primary school become 1st CMs agency
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I spotted that £4.17 cost-to-parents above and it was for employed-nannies and signaled as a 'prices from...' or such-like. How they achieve that rate is not explained but could be with nanny-share or who-knows-what other costs on top. No relation to agency-childminder rates which no one is publishing yet, it seems.
    For cms who join an agency there will be a package...cms pay a yearly fee in return for whatever services they buy which will include various bits and pieces
    Unless the agency employs cms an hourly fee is not discussed yet.
    The agency also has to pay a registration fee to be inspected...so far I don't think any agency has been inspected only registered and that may be the reason they cannot state the cost of their package?

You are right ...no agency has so far said what they would charge cms...let alone parents.

My LA actually told us what the would charge cms ...they have already 'drafted' a leaflet and distributed to cms...but no charge to parents they say...they have gone further than anyone else so far....which in itself is very questionable !

Personally having an agency on my doorstep has changed the perception of agencies...it is not anymore what I see in a website for an agency miles away but what I will experience first hand.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Kiddleywinks Who is finishing their training? ...........the Cms joining or the agency itself?
    The childminders joining
    I would imagine, given the strength of feeling about established minders retaining their independance, that an agency model would appeal mostly to new minders.

Most of us got into childminding because we wanted to stay home for our own children, initially at least, being 'your own boss' is daunting to say the least - understanding the self assessment protocols, keeping accurate records, etc, but there was a considerable amount of support readily available that helped overcome those fears.
    Face to face support over the last say, 10 years, has seen a huge drop, so for a parent looking at returning to work to still have the flexibility of being around for their own child/ren but without the confidence to 'go it alone' I can see an agency being a viable option.

It's a big uncertain jump to go self employed, especially when finding the funds now to complete the training puts it out of reach for a lot of people that are starting with pretty much nothing to begin with (those of us that have lived on benefits will understand how difficult it is to 'save' £20 let alone £200 or more)

I myself was more inclined to do childminder training because the course was 'free'
    I'd have found it nigh on impossible to come up with the best part of £600 to pay for everything like they do now. (yes I know there's a £500 grant available but you only get that AFTER you become registered)

If an agency had come along and offered to train me, you, anyone else, pay direct, sourced work, did the accounting side of things including having to chase parents, then I would imagine a lot of us would have seriously considered it

We wouldn't now because we know how things work, we all know we're 'better off' doing it ourselves etc, but I can see how newbies could be persuaded easily to join an agency

3. Likes lollipop kid, AliceK liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    The childminders joining
    I would imagine, given the strength of feeling about established minders retaining their independance, that an agency model would appeal mostly to new minders.

Most of us got into childminding because we wanted to stay home for our own children, initially at least, being 'your own boss' is daunting to say the least - understanding the self assessment protocols, keeping accurate records, etc, but there was a considerable amount of support readily available that helped overcome those fears.
    Face to face support over the last say, 10 years, has seen a huge drop, so for a parent looking at returning to work to still have the flexibility of being around for their own child/ren but without the confidence to 'go it alone' I can see an agency being a viable option.

It's a big uncertain jump to go self employed, especially when finding the funds now to complete the training puts it out of reach for a lot of people that are starting with pretty much nothing to begin with (those of us that have lived on benefits will understand how difficult it is to 'save' £20 let alone £200 or more)

I myself was more inclined to do childminder training because the course was 'free'
    I'd have found it nigh on impossible to come up with the best part of £600 to pay for everything like they do now. (yes I know there's a £500 grant available but you only get that AFTER you become registered)

If an agency had come along and offered to train me, you, anyone else, pay direct, sourced work, did the accounting side of things including having to chase parents, then I would imagine a lot of us would have seriously considered it

We wouldn't now because we know how things work, we all know we're 'better off' doing it ourselves etc, but I can see how newbies could be persuaded easily to join an agency
    Got you...I agree on many areas

I am against agencies for one main reason and have never changed my mind: it is the deregulation of cms and takes us back years.
    Had cms being able to keep their individual inspection the whole thing would be different.

I believe, whether in an agency or independent, CMs will have to dish out a lot of money for any training or support but there are organisations setting up to include Cms unable to access any LA's training unless they pay for it.

Agencies will be many different models and each one can do as they please ...no guidance on that.

All I am trying to do is ask cms to be alert...it appears that nothing is happening but that is exactly what worries me.
    I have attended many meetings etc etc to know different now and it has cost a bomb...but worth the investment!

5. Likes lollipop kid, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Clarification...I am not sure if @Home Childcare is a registered Cms agency...maybe they are in the process of doing so

I have just received confirmation of the 4th agency
    I have contacted them but they have nothing on their website as yet but have confirmed they are registered with Ofsted...they are in London and cover many LAs

Also confirmed as registered are Trio, St Bedes and NCEA.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarification...I am not sure if @Home Childcare is a registered Cms agency...maybe they are in the process of doing so

I have just received confirmation of the 4th agency
    I have contacted them but they have nothing on their website as yet but have confirmed they are registered with Ofsted...they are in London and cover many LAs

Also confirmed as registered are Trio, St Bedes and NCEA.
    What is the name of the London one, please, Simona?

L

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    What is the name of the London one, please, Simona?

L
    I am not ignoring your question Lollipop
    I would like to find all the registered agencies on the Ofsted website...I have spent hours but all I get is info on setting them up and blah blah blah
    The names do not pop up when I enter them

I have been told by several people they are there...so I am doing something not quite right not to get a result

Would anyone else like to try and see if they succeed?...that would help
    Once I see them all I will also post the 4th agency's name.....it is an unusual company ...that's is why I am being cautious and want to be 100% sure.
    despite the fact it was confirmed when I rang them

At our recent meeting with our LA and Sue Robb of 4 Children I asked if she would mention the 4 agencies' names...I didn't get anywhere...she said they are on the Ofsted website but we were promised they would be in the minutes.
    These have now been emailed to cms...following Sue Robb's endorsement...therefore the info must be right.

Bear with me and I will definitely come back.

9. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not ignoring your question Lollipop
    I would like to find all the registered agencies on the Ofsted website...I have spent hours but all I get is info on setting them up and blah blah blah
    The names do not pop up when I enter them

I have been told by several people they are there...so I am doing something not quite right not to get a result

Would anyone else like to try and see if they succeed?...that would help
    Once I see them all I will also post the 4th agency's name.....it is an unusual company ...that's is why I am being cautious and want to be 100% sure.
    despite the fact it was confirmed when I rang them

At our recent meeting with our LA and Sue Robb of 4 Children I asked if she would mention the 4 agencies' names...I didn't get anywhere...she said they are on the Ofsted website but we were promised they would be in the minutes.
    These have now been emailed to cms...following Sue Robb's endorsement...therefore the info must be right.

Bear with me and I will definitely come back.
    I have had a good search of Ofsted website and can find no list of the registered agencies. Not sure why/where there would be- there is no list of ICMers or nurseries or school or any other Ofsted-registered setting so why list the agencies?

Simona Guest

I have had a good search of Ofsted website and can find no list of the registered agencies. Not sure why/where there would be- there is no list of ICMers or nurseries or school or any other Ofsted-registered setting so why list the agencies?
    Thank you for spending your time searching on the website
    I don' t know the answer to your question ...but...I have no reason to disbelieve those who have told me the info is out there

I will need time to look into this further until I have the answer I need.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for spending your time searching on the website
    I don' t know the answer to your question ...but...I have no reason to disbelieve those who have told me the info is out there

I will need time to look into this further until I have the answer I need.
    Ah, I have got it! Go to Ofsted search for Ofsted reports page...

Find an Ofsted inspection report

First section:
    Search by name, address or Unique Reference Number (URN)

Just select 'childminder agency' from the 'Provider Type' drop-down list

And 4 are listed.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is public information on Ofsted website so I am copy-pasting it here to save everyone searching (I see their reg numbers are 000001, 2, 5 and 6... I wonder where 3 and 4 are?):

The Northumberland Church of England Academy Childminding Agency
    Northumberland Church of England Academy , Josephine Butler Campus , Academy Road , Ashington , Northumberland, NE63 9FZ
    URN: CA000002
    Provider type: Childminder Agency

St Bede Childminder Agency
    St Bede Primary Academy, Morris Green Lane, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL3 3LJ
    URN: CA000001

Trio Childcare Connections Limited
    64 Basepoint Business Centre, Rivermead Drive, Westlea, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 7EX
    URN: CA000005

Daryel Care
    Kaamil Education LTD, 108 Regent Studios, 1 Thane Villas, London, Greater London, N7 7PH
    URN: CA000006

14. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the London one clearly registered so nothing to be secretive about, they registered in Dec 2014, there is even their phone number so any of us could ring them to ask what areas they cover and how to join. I hope they are as successful as the other three have been so far. St Bede's has no cm signed up so far and no new ones training so a resounding success! Our LA Hertfordshire did research about starting an Agency and they reported that it would cost a childminder a min of approx £880 per yer to give them a package that gave them the min legal training so First Aid and Child Protection so the equivalent of something like 5 ours Professional Development a year. they said that was not sustainable for any cm and have decided not to set up an Agency. Added that most of the local cm are not the slightest interested anyway!

Ofsted | Daryel Care
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 06-03-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Simona Guest

It is public information on Ofsted website so I am copy-pasting it here to save everyone searching (I see their reg numbers are 000001, 2, 5 and 6... I wonder where 3 and 4 are?):

The Northumberland Church of England Academy Childminding Agency
    Northumberland Church of England Academy , Josephine Butler Campus , Academy Road , Ashington , Northumberland, NE63 9FZ
    URN: CA000002

St Bede Childminder Agency
    St Bede Primary Academy, Morris Green Lane, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL3 3LJ
    URN: CA000001

Trio Childcare Connections Limited
    64 Basepoint Business Centre, Rivermead Drive, Westlea, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 7EX
    URN: CA000005

Daryel Care
    Kaamil Education LTD, 108 Regent Studios, 1 Thane Villas, London, Greater London, N7 7PH
    URN: CA000006
    Well done Moggy....I obviously have no skills in searching Ofsted websites...hahahaha!
    Daryel Care is the one I was referring to

RS...I didn't mean for it to be a secrecy...I just wanted to be sure....it begs the questions why those in charge of this sorry saga were so reluctant to name the 4?....or had to be asked so often?
    Now it is public knowledge I leave it to CMs to work it out who they are and what knowledge they have of CMs?
    I did ring them...hope others will do so too after looking at their website.....see if you get more info than I did.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Simona, I do find it amazing that 4 companies all launching new business enterprises are not singing it from the roof tops!

Where are the adverts, the promotions, the positive advertorials, the special 'sign-up now' offers, the stands at trade fairs (were they at the Expo?)... It is like they are bit ashamed or really not quite sure what they are doing or why they are doing it?

18. Likes Kiddleywinks, rickysmiths, Ripeberry liked this post
    Simona Guest

Yes, Simona, I do find it amazing that 4 companies all launching new business enterprises are not singing it from the roof tops!

Where are the adverts, the promotions, the positive advertorials, the special 'sign-up now' offers, the stands at trade fairs (were they at the Expo?)... It is like they are bit ashamed or really not quite sure what they are doing or why they are doing it?
    Has that not actually crossed every Cm's mind and caused concern?
    do you yourself not think it is very strange that these 4 agencies are so very 'laid back' and quiet? do they actually have to do anything or are they being told they have passed the first hurdle...now they can sit and wait.

It has crossed mine but maybe that is the result of attending too many meetings and conferences and speaking to different people and different associations and asking questions and basically getting off my bottom to nose around and getting the gist of what is happening.
    The perception of agencies has certainly changed out there

That is the very reason Moggy I have revived this thread because there is not enough noise being made about the agencies that are registered and those currently in the process....and those who will be registering soon....some will be quite a surprise to cms.

Too many CMs are feeling very safe just because they have decided to 'stay independent'...I wish they would think outside of the box for just one minute, worry about what could happen if this govt gets re elected.

There are so many things we are forgetting that have happened in the last 3 years...the main one is that the rest of the sector has also forgotten about CMs agencies...conveniently so maybe?...or inconveniently so?

You should have been at our CMs/agency meeting with Sue Robb...it was very obvious she did not like the questions....criceky I have met her on several occasions and she never likes the questions!

When I asked her the name of the 4 registered agencies she could not recall them?....oh yes! and this is the woman given a load of money to advertise and push agencies? sadly she is also very much disliked by a huge amount of people regardless of her being the DfE Strategic Partner.

Have Cms come across the advert from NCEA endorsed by 4 Children and posted in a full page advert in Nursery World?
    it has caused a bit of a stir ...I cannot put the link here because it will definitely be deleted...I'll see if I can 'copy and paste' it.

Have you come across the film with Pacey and Trio now a registered agency?

I repeat what I have said before ...all I am trying to do is to remind Cms to be alert...just because you see and hear nothing it does not mean nothing is happening.
    I have no idea what goes on in FB but there is a lot going on outside of this forum that does not get reported here and I see some Cms being very pro active against agencies..
    Last edited by Simona; 07-03-2015 at 08:39 AM.

20. Likes Kiddleywinks, FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Jayse74; 11-03-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear the phrase "from cradle to university" is very unsettling!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you read it they will be using Childminders for the babies to Pre Schoolers and working with them!

So thy are going to be an Agency I suspect. They will have to get Childminders to sign up first and none of the other Agencies have managed to do that yet even Mrs Truss's wonderful St Bedes which was registered back in October.

I can't see this working if there are good cm in the area who want to remain Independent.

24. Likes loocyloo, Ripeberry liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Moggy....I obviously have no skills in searching Ofsted websites...hahahaha!
    Daryel Care is the one I was referring to

RS...I didn't mean for it to be a secrecy...I just wanted to be sure....it begs the questions why those in charge of this sorry saga were so reluctant to name the 4?....or had to be asked so often?
    Now it is public knowledge I leave it to CMs to work it out who they are and what knowledge they have of CMs?
    I did ring them...hope others will do so too after looking at their website.....see if you get more info than I did.
    Right I have just rung Daryel Agency on the 0207 number on their Ofsted Registration and spoken to Henry!

It doesn't sound very hopeful and Henry didn't seem very clear what was happening! Are we surprised.

They will be covering Islington, Harringay, Enfield, Hackney, Waltham Forest and Camden. They are not open yet but are hoping to open by the end of April as long as talks go well with Councils, not sure what that means because as far as I am aware Councils don't have anything to do with the setting up of Childminding Agencies (please correct me if I have this wrong). No idea of costs they will be set when the childminding coordinator is appointed ( job going if anyone fancies it!). It will depend on cms experience, training etc he thinks so they have clearly thought that one through haven't they.

They are intending to cover a much larger area than any of the others, in fact a vast area. I wonder how many cms there are already registered in those areas and if there is a need for more?

No a very inspiring chat and if I lived in that area, he didn't ask me and didn't offer to take my details and call me back when they were ready for business.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 11-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Right I have just rung Daryel Agency on the 0207 number on their Ofsted Registration and spoken to Henry!

It doesn't sound very hopeful and Henry didn't seem very clear what was happening! Are we surprised.

They will be covering Islington, Harringay, Enfield, Hackney, Waltham Forest and Camden. They are not open yet but are hoping to open by the end of April as long as talks go well with Councils, not sure what that means because as far as I am aware Councils don't have anything to do with the setting up of Childminding Agencies (please correct me if I have this wrong). No idea of costs they will be set when the childminding coordinator is appointed ( job going if anyone fancies it!). It will depend on cms experience, training etc he thinks so they have clearly thought that one through haven't they.

They are intending to cover a much larger area than any of the others, in fact a vast area. I wonder how many cms there are already registered in those areas and if there is a need for more?

No a very inspiring chat and if I lived in that area, he didn't ask me and didn't offer to take my details and call me back when they were ready for business.
    Maybe the helpful Henry you spoke to you was on a break when I rang them? because the guy who answered my queries hardly spoke English...sorry not trying to be funny but it did not inspire much confidence.

He knew nothing, zilch, zero ...apart from the basics....oh but he did want my name to put me on the waiting list so I could receive more info when the agency ball got rolling
    I politely refused and asked where they would advertise their agency...I have not found that link yet

Do google their website and look at who they are and what they do.

Daryel Care is what they are registered under for Ofsted but who runs them is on their registration certificate.

I wish I felt a little dismissive about agencies but...with one growing under my very nose I feel rather different.
    Last edited by Simona; 11-03-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the helpful Henry you spoke to you was on a break when I rang them? because the guy who answered my queries hardly spoke English...sorry not trying to be funny but it did not inspire much confidence.

He knew nothing, zilch, zero ...apart from the basics....oh but he did want my name to put me on the waiting list so I could receive more info when the agency ball got rolling
    I politely refused and asked where they would advertise their agency...I have not found that link yet

Do google their website and look at who they are and what they do.

Daryel Care is what they are registered under for Ofsted but who runs them is on their registration certificate.

I wish I felt a little dismissive about agencies but...with one growing under my very nose I feel rather different.
    Oh no the 'helpful Henry' sounds exactly like your guy. Very poor English and quite hard to understand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast