Half of the pilot agencies will not set up in Sept (NWorld)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Half of the pilot agencies will not set up in Sept (NWorld)

Good morning and good news!
    A cautious welcome to this because there are still those who will continue with the idea of agencies...they have not listened to CMs

I personally would like to know how many CMs have expressed the wish to join an agency? and how much money wasted on a very flawed and divisive policy?

Half of pilot childminder agencies will not set up shop | Nursery World
    Last edited by Simona; 28-07-2014 at 09:07 AM.

2. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Wahoo!! Brill news!! Hope Telford & Wrekin don't go ahead with the agency

4. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

They finally woke up and smelled the coffee!!!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gwm View Post
    They finally woke up and smelled the coffee!!!!
    Are you going to brew some coffee and take it to our very own EY team and wipe their idea of an agency from their menu?
    It was obvious from the recent survey they sent us that they have not a clue

7. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of coffee

Simona Guest

Have I missed @Home Childcare in the list of those going ahead? ...no mention of them at all considering they were very vocal on twitter defending their agency idea...they trialled but are they going ahead?

Looking at the list again we seem to be surrounded by potential agencies around our area....Buttercups ...the Community agency mentioned at the end of the article and our own LA....

Counting those who are proceeding it seems to me more than half have withdrawn and just a handful going ahead...glad that turned out to be true when I heard back in June !!
    Last edited by Simona; 28-07-2014 at 02:28 PM.

10. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had no mention at all of agencies at all in our area. And now it sounds as if we won't!

I'm hoping that now Truss has left the whole agency idea will be left to die a peaceful death. It can only really be pushed ahead by someone as dedicated to the idea as she was and it doesn't sound as if this new woman is.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We've had no mention at all of agencies at all in our area. And now it sounds as if we won't!

I'm hoping that now Truss has left the whole agency idea will be left to die a peaceful death. It can only really be pushed ahead by someone as dedicated to the idea as she was and it doesn't sound as if this new woman is.
    It will be interesting to hear the feedback from those CMs who are having 4 Children Sue Robb go and present the agency idea to them...I know they are talking about it in LinkedIn and the presentation is for Sept.
    So I hope there will be some feedback
    One thing that nags me is that 4 Children were given a lot of money to facilitate agencies...what happens now?

I personally feel CMs can welcome this news with caution but I would still be on guard especially as some are dedicated to the agency idea! and we mustn't forget they are in the C&F Act 2014...they are after all deregulation and that is this govt main drive...what if they win the election?

We may not hear locally of an agency but someone may be planning to open one far away that will cover our areas....the main barrier at the moment is agencies have to self invest and they would not be popular if they made lots of money off CMs or parents?

so money is the issue not the idea....who has money and interest in such an enterprise? I can think of a few...and some are still suggesting small changes to the current agency proposition to make it better and what would they do if the agency makes a profit?

In her Parliament speech the new Education Secretary said it is 'business as usual' and the introduction of CMs agencies was mentioned loud and clear in her first sentence.
    There isn't much discussion here on agencies so I wonder what vibes Cms are getting from other sites.

For the moment I will put the champagne back on ice... a glass of wine will do for this small celebration

13. Likes FloraDora, daveozoalor liked this post