CMs forum and ....agencies...and 4Children!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    If anyone is going to one of these events, they ought to ask for clarification on why 4children are saying CMs will fail inspection unless they are under an agency.

On what grounds are they making that assertion?

Do they know something we don't (in which case, pray tell...?) or are they just making it up. It would, of course, be 'unprofessional' to say "lying."

The only logical answer I can figure is that they're implying their in-house inspection of CMs contracted to their agency will be, er.... now I suppose the 'professional' description might be "somewhat less rigorous" than Ofsted's inspection of independent CMs. I hesitate to use terms such as "auto-pass", "fix", "rigged" or "cheating", as that would be 'highly unprofessional' - which is the description reserved within 'the profession' for anything which is absolutely true.
    Bunyip...I have to admit I have not heard that one and I think CMs are being inspected right now and getting good and outstanding grades...so that maybe is a bit of a rumour?

Had they mentioned that at our meeting I certainly would have raised questions as would the cms who attended the meeting well prepared and taken it further
    Sorry not sure what you mean by their in-house inspection? whose inspection do you mean? the agency or 4Children?
    One thing that is for sure is that agency cms will have an advantage in terms of support over non agency cms who will have NIL!!

My understanding of the agency saga is that they will be inspected on how they support cms and increase quality....so far I have not seen anything based on EYFS, practice or care of the children just...paperwork.
    Has anyone seen anything else? I doubt it because all has gone quiet...again....those in the know appear tight lipped

Kiddleywinks...I assume you are referring to the questionnaire?
    We were told we would be surveyed alongside the parents as they want to consider the agency route possibly based on their past network

We got an email about this too only for me to be missed and I found out the consultation was done and dusted
    I requested a link and also found out it had been closed...anyway I managed to get a link in the end and was promised mine would be considered but all the results were already collected and ...I think digested?

The 1st part asked parents would they consider an agency..yes ...no ...don't know
    then it gave additional boxes to tick for them to choose services above the core offer'...but no core offer explained...what they could tick was: babysitting service, mediation in a dispute, ad hoc care, holiday care and a FACEBOOK page...I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this
    Last what would they be prepared to pay for this offer and would they consider paying a tiered fee ?

our part asked exactly the same and again no mention of the key offer when it asked what would we be prepared to pay annually for services above the core offer...at this point I realised this was a waste of time

Services we could have in addition to the not mentioned 'core offer' are:
    PLI, Drop in for cms, conferences, documents, invoicing service, mediation in disputes, discounts in shops, training above the core offer (not sure what the training core offer is)...quality assurance to improve our grade and last but not least...a FACEBOOK page for support

It looks like they do not know what model to have and are asking for suggestions...my hope is that cms offered very little and stay independent ...as for the additional services they can be obtained right now without an agency.

2. Likes Kiddleywinks, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

4children are very quiet in our area...and so they should be. They took over a 'good' nursery and within a couple of months it was graded inadequate. Monitoring visits have been going on for a year and it still hasn't met all of the requirements. I hope they wouldn't dare suggest setting themselves up as an agency

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    If anyone is going to one of these events, they ought to ask for clarification on why 4children are saying CMs will fail inspection unless they are under an agency.

On what grounds are they making that assertion?

Do they know something we don't (in which case, pray tell...?) or are they just making it up. It would, of course, be 'unprofessional' to say "lying."

The only logical answer I can figure is that they're implying their in-house inspection of CMs contracted to their agency will be, er.... now I suppose the 'professional' description might be "somewhat less rigorous" than Ofsted's inspection of independent CMs. I hesitate to use terms such as "auto-pass", "fix", "rigged" or "cheating", as that would be 'highly unprofessional' - which is the description reserved within 'the profession' for anything which is absolutely true.
    But of course because they will want good grades for their Inspections. They won't be able to be too easy though because there will be snap shot inspections of individual childminders as well.

We are in Herts and there was a meeting a few months ago which a chosen few cm went to and Hearts said they were going to become an Agency but they wanted to know from us how we wanted it run?????? My view is if a local LA Early Years Dept has no idea how to begin to set up an 'Agency' unless they at least make the effort to consult with all the cm in the County then why on earth should I help them to form something I don't want anyway????? The initial view is that they want us all to remain Individually Registered with Ofsted so that means they will actually not be an Agency at all so goodness know what is going on.

Edited because of my terrible spelling!!!
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 18-07-2014 at 10:02 AM.

5. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Simona Guest

If anyone would like to input in an agency discussion come and join the Nursery World linkdedin page

There is a very interesting thread there started by someone who is opening a community agency...lots of views and not just from CMs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12