Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEWSFLASH - AGENCIES GET THE GO AHEAD!

Just had an e-mail from Foundation Years Team (foundations@4children.org.uk) saying NEWSFLASH

The Children and Families Bill - including provisions for establishing childminder agencies and making it easier for schools to offer wrap-around care - has today received Royal Assent, and so becomes law.

The Department for Education will be working to commence the Bill's provisions over the coming weeks and months. More information will be available in upcoming issues of our newsletters.

You can read more on the Children and Families bill here Children and Families Bill 2013 - The Department for Education

oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got email aswell.
    Smiles love emma

Post Thanks / Like

What does this mean???

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came in to the awful news via email that it has received Royal Assent today.
    More info from DfE below
    http://media.education.gov.uk/assets...e%2073_001.pdf

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

It was inevitable...

6. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    What does this mean???
    Unfortunately it means no one listened to us ....as was obvious from the start.....and agencies are now the law and will be reflected in the new EYFS and much more....Truss has had her way so far

The only thing we can hope for is that very very few CMs join them and parents are going to be very careful before choosing an agency Cm without an Ofsted inspection and are very clear on what they will be charged to be matched to a CM that has 'opted out' of regulation and has handed her 'independence' and business to a third party who will just do it for money.

Sad day for CMs really....but I think we would have been naïve to hope that we could overturn Truss's ideological nonsense

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Unfortunately it means no one listened to us ....as was obvious from the start.....and agencies are now the law and will be reflected in the new EYFS and much more....Truss has had her way so far

The only thing we can hope for is that very very few CMs join them and parents are going to be very careful before choosing an agency Cm without an Ofsted inspection and are very clear on what they will be charged to be matched to a CM that has 'opted out' of regulation and has handed her 'independence' and business to a third party who will just do it for money.

Sad day for CMs really....but I think we would have been naïve to hope that we could overturn Truss's ideological nonsense
    A development officer in our County, isn't at all impressed that we have set up an Independent Childminders Network and is saying that it could have "legal implications" whatever that is supposed to mean - as long as we can still get Liability insurance and Ofsted will inspect us, I don't see what other "legal implications" there could be - think she is just trying to frighten us.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    A development officer in our County, isn't at all impressed that we have set up an Independent Childminders Network and is saying that it could have "legal implications" whatever that is supposed to mean - as long as we can still get Liability insurance and Ofsted will inspect us, I don't see what other "legal implications" there could be - think she is just trying to frighten us.
    I wonder how many of the LAs who were not chosen for the trials will now pounce on agencies and start announcing packages for CMs?
    We must keep our eyes open and keep strong in wanting to stay independent....
    I better go and pour myself a glass of wine before I start sending tweets to Truss

10. Likes rickysmiths, Jayse74, mum26 liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Really gutted tbh :-(
    Even though it was inevitable doesn't make me any less disappointed.
    Let's hope we start getting some more info and answers now though!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am really feeling bad as I know full well this is the end for us here!

I have loved every last minute of this job and tbh I always knew something would come along and end it for me :*(

My partner is out at the moment. How do I tell her?

The reason I know that this is it! Because of how certain folk have been treating us. We have nothing to worry about on the face of doing things wrong. Quite the opposite! But it still seems as if all the ideology of Truss has really been taken onboard around here!

Met up with some minders today at the local park. Did not take long for this subject to come up and they are already thinking about moving on. This is just bad all round

13. Likes ajc liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I wonder how many of the LAs who were not chosen for the trials will now pounce on agencies and start announcing packages for CMs?
    We must keep our eyes open and keep strong in wanting to stay independent....
    I better go and pour myself a glass of wine before I start sending tweets to Truss
    I might need a stiff drink myself later!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    Well I am really feeling bad as I know full well this is the end for us here!

I have loved every last minute of this job and tbh I always knew something would come along and end it for me :*(

My partner is out at the moment. How do I tell her?

The reason I know that this is it! Because of how certain folk have been treating us. We have nothing to worry about on the face of doing things wrong. Quite the opposite! But it still seems as if all the ideology of Truss has really been taken onboard around here!

Met up with some minders today at the local park. Did not take long for this subject to come up and they are already thinking about moving on. This is just bad all round
    Why is it the end? Agencies are not the end of childminders they will only be successful if childminders join.

We all knew this bill was going through it had never been amended BUT it does not mean that its the end of childminding that will only happen if we let it.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Why is it the end? Agencies are not the end of childminders they will only be successful if childminders join.

We all knew this bill was going through it had never been amended BUT it does not mean that its the end of childminding that will only happen if we let it.
    Very true and I should stop getting so down over it! I cant help it. I am worrying more for my partner as well. It was her career choice and I stood by her from the start. I am not giving up! no way. Just need to brush off and get on with it

17. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just sent an e-mail to our childminding group suggesting that we send the Elizabeth Truss letters back on mass, in one envelope - save on postage and "may" make more of an impact - although I don't expect she opens her own post in case it explodes!

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is I know you are saying you hope childminders don't join.

However - starting up and doing the 'business' side of things can be very daunting to some newbies.

It's the newbies that potentially will join more so over existing childminders who are already successful.

xx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

I really think we should all be allowed to feel cross, worried, betrayed and sold down the line by the unique approach Truss chose in this...
    first the (false) praise...then the opening up of the funding to cms...then the betrayal by constantly refusing to face any cms against her...her refusal to acknowledge any letters and concerns...pure undiluted arrogance on her part ...I met the lady...she never fooled me

I wonder what the meeting with the 4 associations will be about next week? will it be cancelled again?

It is not the end of CMs but a chapter may ...I say 'may' have been closed as the 'childcare market' kicks off and cms still have a big stall in it!!
    Yes we knew deep down we could not win BUT thousands of cms fought till the end ...this was a good campaign by the many... not the few....to be heard and to raise concerns ...at times on behalf of some CMs sleepwalking and refusing to acknowledge reality

Whatever happens now we need to be ready...but we need to allow some disappointment and anger to surface and be expressed openly...(where is that wine? pour another glass)

In the words of Scarlett O'Hara 'I won't think about it now...I'll think about it tomorrow....after all tomorrow is another day'
    and tomorrow may present a different approach...

chin up everyone...we are down but not beaten!

21. Likes mum26 liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just sent an e-mail to our childminding group suggesting that we send the Elizabeth Truss letters back on mass, in one envelope - save on postage and "may" make more of an impact - although I don't expect she opens her own post in case it explodes!
    Why use stamps? I put return to sender agencies not wanted on it and it will be in the post in the morning

23. Likes Becci26 liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    Why use stamps? I put return to sender agencies not wanted on it and it will be in the post in the morning
    The return address on back of mine is Manchester - I want to sent it to HER in Westminster, London.

Simona Guest

The return address on back of mine is Manchester - I want to sent it to HER in Westminster, London.
    Sending the reply to Manchester means Truss does not get to see any of the returned letters...the DfE employees will and will just bin them
    You are right ...her place of work is in London at this address

Sanctuary Buildings
    20 Great Smith Street
    London
    SW1P 3BT

26. Likes hectors house liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent it to her westminster address.