Post Thanks / Like

Default Article about cancelled meeting with ET

It appears many of us are leaving comments on her Facebook page

Truss pulls out of childminder agencies meeting | Nursery World

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like she's running scared

That article does alarm me a bit though as it sounds as if the chidminder they have spoken to is in favour of agencies:

"This would have been an opportunity to discuss with the minister why childminder agencies are needed and how they will achieve the aims set out in More Great Childcare and More Affordable Childcare."

I'm not sure if it's how the cm has written it, or how it has been quoted, but I do think it should have said they wanted the opportunity to discuss why childminder agencies are NOT needed!

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's well known that the CM involved is definitely NOT in favour of agencies

4. Likes rickysmiths, Roseolivia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it is not wrong. It is Truss s meeting and that is what she is calling it. They are having a debate , she thinks they are needed and the Registered Childminders are going along to put our side as to why they ARE NOT x
    Last edited by desiderata; 12-02-2014 at 05:15 PM.

6. Likes Roseolivia liked this post
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this could be a classic case of the written word being interpreted differently....I took it to mean WHY are agencies needed, as a question (as in she doesn't think they are needed) and how EXACTLY will they achieve the aims set out in More Great Childcare and More Affordable Childcare (as in she doesn't see how they will). I thought it was kind of implied when she said she was extremely angry about the meeting being re-arranged then canceled but that's just how I took it on first read so I may be wrong....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    Actually it is not wrong. It is Truss s meeting and that is what she is calling it. They are having a debate , she thinks they are needed and the Registered Childminders are going along to put our side as to why they ARE NOT x
    I understand what you're saying and know the person quoted is passionately against agencies, but when I first read it (admittedly in a hurry) I had to re-read it as my first thought was she was saying they were due to discuss why agencies were needed.
    I found it rather ambiguous and can't believe I would be the only person who reads it the same way.

Simona Guest

How interesting that Truss is today speaking at the Resolution Foundation meeting at 9am...her speech has just ended.....wonder why that meeting was not cancelled?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The article has now been re worded slightly so it is clear that cm are against agencies.

11. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    The article has now been re worded slightly so it is clear that cm are against agencies.

That reads much better

13. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It is clear to me that Ms Truss does not have the foggiest idea of what a child minder does or how they run their childminding businesses BECAUSE......if she did, she would realise what an inconvenience cancelling her meeting would be to childminders and how costly it could be to them!!

The woman is government all over! No real interest in anything apart from her mighty salary!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's right Emma and the cost to the childminder in income lost because she had closed for the day and the cost of printing out well over 100 letters from childminders to take with her plus the cost to the parents who kindly rearranged their days twice and will now do a third time as they support the cm in what she is doing for all of us.

Simona Guest

The meeting was scheduled to have a delegation of cms as well as the 4 associations there

We have spoken a thousand words...sent hundreds of letters, we need to think of an alternative and be together in this.

17. Likes mum26 liked this post