Thank you, can I please ask where you got this letter from
    Cherry x

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yet again, same old same old, no new information, and if the government knows the importance of the role childminders have supporting parents and children why on earth would they consider allowing schools to open for more hours in the day!

Sick of hearing this woman's name!

4. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    It was posted on a FB group that works together for all cms but the forum won't allow a link, sorry

It is from a Government website though and I guess someone keeps an eye on them. I don't think it has been openly published where it could easily accessed by Childminders. That would be too straightforward for Mrs Truss though she probably doesn't know where to find us as she has never visited any of us to find out
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 03-02-2014 at 12:28 PM.

6. Likes loocyloo, Boris liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its been posted on a lot of childminding groups one being our very own fb page

Independent Childminders
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Richard, Pauline liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...3rd_Feb_14.pdf

This is a letter to all Childminders from Mrs Truss
    How kind of her, we have been writing and e-mailing individual letters to her for over a year and she sents us all a joint letter, telling us nothing we didn't already know!

Thank you rickysmiths for sharing, I have forwarded onto our independent childminding group.

10. Likes rickysmiths, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing.

Nothing new there though, is there? It's just the same twaddle she's been spouting for that last year or so.

The only good thing is that it is there in writing that we can remain independent.

12. Likes loocyloo, cupcake22 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Its been posted on a lot of childminding groups one being our very own fb page

Independent Childminders
    May I ask why it was posted on the forum FB page but not in this forum when many CMs are not on FB?

The letter says nothing new...sharing widely would just be good practice and we should not find barriers to do so...wherever we like to post or go to find information

Yes we have all written to Truss in the past and few got replies but we know she is going to meet with the 4 associations mid February...that is still to be widely spread and confirmed
    This letter brings no new developments ...I kind of discarded it as was busy following Gove today and his new proposals

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

May I ask why it was posted on the forum FB page but not in this forum when many CMs are not on FB?

The letter says nothing new...sharing widely would just be good practice and we should not find barriers to do so...wherever we like to post or go to find information

Yes we have all written to Truss in the past and few got replies but we know she is going to meet with the 4 associations mid February...that is still to be widely spread and confirmed
    This letter brings no new developments ...I kind of discarded it as was busy following Gove today and his new proposals
    It ha as been posted here!!
    I get the impression that it's been leaked early, but feel its too little too late, am looking forward to a copy lending in my doorstep rather than reading through the forum, but I am not holding my breath!!!!

15. Likes loocyloo, FussyElmo liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona I am not part of the Independent Childminder's Group it was a different group that I got it from.

Simona Guest

Simona I am not part of the Independent Childminder's Group it was a different group that I got it from.
    Yes I did understand that...I was questioning why this forum had not posted it if it was posted on their FB page

Thanks for sharing ...it has now been widely shared on LinkedIn too and twitter

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    It ha as been posted here!!
    I get the impression that it's been leaked early, but feel its too little too late, am looking forward to a copy lending in my doorstep rather than reading through the forum, but I am not holding my breath!!!!
    Do you really think they will go to the expense of posting us each one! They can't even send out Reg Certs, I still haven't had my new one that should have been sent post Sept 2012, they were all supposed to be sent out by March 2013 so I have now waited 11 months more, I am intrigued to see if I am inspected before it comes.

They couldn't organise a p up in a brewery.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have no idea why the fb member didn't post it on here. Maybe shes not a forum member.

But I think you were wrong to say that it hadn't been posted on the forum because Rickysmiths very kindly posted about it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Liz Truss has just announced her letter on twitter with the link to it...

Elizabeth Truss ‏@trussliz 6m
    My letter to childminders on choice of independence or agency. Keen to see more childminders and more places. http://ow.ly/tdpOJ

21. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think they will go to the expense of posting us each one! They can't even send out Reg Certs, I still haven't had my new one that should have been sent post Sept 2012, they were all supposed to be sent out by March 2013 so I have now waited 11 months more, I am intrigued to see if I am inspected before it comes.

They couldn't organise a p up in a brewery.
    Can't argue with you!!!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

what a load of twaddle!

nothing new.

does she think writing it in a letter to us will make us change our minds or opinions?

GRRRR

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked where the letter came from as I know a lot of childminders who do not use this forum or Facebook and wondered how Mrs Truss thought they would read this letter if it's not sent out to all minders.
    Cherry x

25. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the nursery world article the letter will be sent out to all childminders during the next few weeks.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    According to the nursery world article the letter will be sent out to all childminders during the next few weeks.
    Wonder where she is getting all our email addresses from. surely it would be against data protection for any organisation to give them to her

28. Likes rickysmiths, cherry liked this post
    Simona Guest

I asked where the letter came from as I know a lot of childminders who do not use this forum or Facebook and wondered how Mrs Truss thought they would read this letter if it's not sent out to all minders.
    It has been confirmed that this letter will be sent to ALL CMs...how I have no idea but I am sure she will find a way to get it delivered to us
    It does not say it will be by Royal Mail...so other means will be at her disposable...a few come to mind...maybe they will be dropped a la Harry Potter via owls!!

If she intends to get it to us via Royal Mail I wonder 'how' she can justify spending that amount on postage on telling us about her reforms for CMs...as if we were not already aware!
    Maybe we should write back: Dear Ms Truss...CMs are on the ball!

30. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast