Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Who has had their letter and who did it come from? I haven't had mine yet.
    No letter yet. I have read it because it was available as a link from here.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just received mine via 2nd class post - address on back of envelope is PO Box 4381, Manchester M61 OAX??

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nothing yet. But it's not uncommon for me to receive official information weeks after I've read it on here!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I've just emailed my LA to ask if they have received the letter from ET and can they confirm a mail out. Mind you I have already sent them the letter and from the response I received it was the first they had seen of it.
    same here!

mind you, it does seem to take ages for things to trickle through to relevant DOs and for them to then send the email on!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On the LA's behalf, the letter probably came out of the blue to them this week. They will probably need time to allocate it's distibution to someone and if they are going to send it by post,someone will have to authorise the financial line that will pay for it.

I've read it on line so I am not bothered about getting it personally really, it's more the principle of addressing it to us but not delivering.

Anything directly from he who I will not mention on a Friday night or his office is always sent directly to the Headteachers school email. The problem with childminders is that our email address is not available to them. We gave it to ofsted, but if they pass it on they could be in breach of data protection and the only other way would be via LA's.

I suspect Ms Truss did not think the logistics through - it would be interesting to see the actual cost of her producing this letter, that only summarised what we already know, the office staff involvement, postage etc....
    She was trying to make sure we all have all the current information available, but even this gesture has caused a few probs, you really can't win if your a politician, unless you are really on top of your game!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    On the LA's behalf, the letter probably came out of the blue to them this week. They will probably need time to allocate it's distibution to someone and if they are going to send it by post,someone will have to authorise the financial line that will pay for it.

I've read it on line so I am not bothered about getting it personally really, it's more the principle of addressing it to us but not delivering.

Anything directly from he who I will not mention on a Friday night or his office is always sent directly to the Headteachers school email. The problem with childminders is that our email address is not available to them. We gave it to ofsted, but if they pass it on they could be in breach of data protection and the only other way would be via LA's.

I suspect Ms Truss did not think the logistics through - it would be interesting to see the actual cost of her producing this letter, that only summarised what we already know, the office staff involvement, postage etc....
    She was trying to make sure we all have all the current information available, but even this gesture has caused a few probs, you really can't win if your a politician, unless you are really on top of your game!!
    The letter did come out of the blue and, according to my LA, it was not very clear what they needed to do with it when I spoke to them on Wednesday night...however,,,,they will send it to all cms, as I said many cms may not have seen it online or may not be 'as updated as they should be' or indeed want to be.

There are various forms of social media to pick up these things from but not all of them link to each other or share information for their own reasons
    Even my local CM association has already sent the letter via an e shot thus beating the EY team to it.

You are right Flora Dora it is the principle and, personally, I feel it is a little insulting that the Under Secretary can tweet the letter but not have thought properly that most of her audience may not pick it up from there...popular as it is.

I feel the letter is well timed to coincide with her meeting next week with the cm associations...don't you think?

No she did not think this out very well but one thing is for sure...she is definitely listening to our views and comments and picking them up online...probably via twitter
    So worth pursuing this channel of communication with her even though many of us are blocked from direct tweeting to her.....but thousands are not!

Our main aim is to spread the news and keep all cms informed

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    The letter did come out of the blue and, according to my LA, it was not very clear what they needed to do with it when I spoke to them on Wednesday night...however,,,,they will send it to all cms, as I said many cms may not have seen it online or may not be 'as updated as they should be' or indeed want to be.

There are various forms of social media to pick up these things from but not all of them link to each other or share information for their own reasons
    Even my local CM association has already sent the letter via an e shot thus beating the EY team to it.

You are right Flora Dora it is the principle and, personally, I feel it is a little insulting that the Under Secretary can tweet the letter but not have thought properly that most of her audience may not pick it up from there...popular as it is.

I feel the letter is well timed to coincide with her meeting next week with the cm associations...don't you think?

No she did not think this out very well but one thing is for sure...she is definitely listening to our views and comments and picking them up online...probably via twitter
    So worth pursuing this channel of communication with her even though many of us are blocked from direct tweeting to her.....but thousands are not!

Our main aim is to spread the news and keep all cms informed
    Why have you been blocked from direct tweeting her Simona?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shamai View Post
    Why have you been blocked from direct tweeting her Simona?
    Long story which was highlighted by an article NWorld when Truss decided to block many of us trying to really 'engage' with her on twitter...the article will be somewhere in their archives
    She blocked me as early as October 2012 then decided to block many others after that...it really makes no difference because on twitter you can still respond to her comments but cannot directly tweet to her or retweet

Many CMs objected to this but as I have said Truss is very well aware of our comments and opinions because she can follow our conversations
    Why did she do it? she never explained but obviously objected to those who did not agree with her policies.....she missed the fact we were trying to engage with her

Strangely enough...It is via twitter...when she had not blocked me ...that she invited me to meet her in August 2012!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she is worried by your childminding powers a bit like Harry potter powers. Just wish you could make her invisible.

10. Likes Shamai liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    I think she is worried by your childminding powers a bit like Harry potter powers. Just wish you could make her invisible.
    Ha ha!!.....let me see ..which spell should I use?

Bedazzling Hex...to conceal her?

Evanesco...to make her vanish?

Obiltaration...causing things to be removed and never seen again?

Silencio...to silence someone immediately?

Altogether they could prove very effective!

12. Likes Shamai, smartbear liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my letter today in the post.....

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

I received this letter via Royal mail the other day...

Simona Guest

For those still waiting for their letter...according to NWorld it should be sent to CMs within 5 weeks...talk about a red herring?

In the meantime do not worry as Truss has sorted everything out and made her announcement two days ago about her policies and future for Cms in her usual grandiose style and presenting it to a Think Tank that totally backs her.

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my letter yesterday!
    No useful info about costs though grrrrrrr

Carol

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my letter.... it made my blood boil to be honest she makes it sound so positive for us but is basically jeperdising our business! So i and my 2 assistants could end up without work and on benefits!!!! Grrrrr

I need to find a way to send it back to her stating please roll up and shove up ur A!!!

18. Likes lisbet liked this post
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not had mine yet - Sarah when did you get the eamil??
    Celest

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Got mine today. I have to say im not sure if I have the time to waste on her drivel

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Got mine yesterday, clear as mud still non the wiser
    Cath

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

No letter for me as yet,however have heard from la,more redundancies being rushed through,there's not going to any atffleft to send the daft letter on soon.

Simona Guest

What an intriguing situation....the Under Secretary writes to us individually and yet few cms actually care for her gesture....or the contents of her message!!!

It is also remarkable that the LAs are taking so much time just to send the letter ...by email...to all their CMs as they would any other piece of information to be shared

Having said that I received my letter from ...I assume the DfE itself or something similar...it certainly did not come from my LA and it was addressed to me personally on an official looking envelope therefore we must assume someone is typing 54,000 names addresses into that letter?

What a joke and waste of time and money ...she timed it perfectly ...she made it sound like she cared then dropped the latest on her policies and has now gone to China!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast