Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Possibly the letter will be sent to LAs with instructions to post/email/deliver by owl to all cms in the area.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

If she intends to get it to us via Royal Mail I wonder 'how' she can justify spending that amount on postage on telling us about her reforms for CMs...as if we were not already aware!
    Maybe we should write back: Dear Ms Truss...CMs are on the ball!
    Sadly there are many childminders who remain blissfully unaware of any change. It makes you wonder what they will think of the letter...if they even read it, that is

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

How long does it take to send 54,000 letters to CMs? I haven't got mine yet.....or is it is being sent 2nd class??

5. Likes rickysmiths, Tunja liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard ms truss on James o'brien on lbc. She didn't once mention childminders, only schools.
    When he questioned her about head of ofsted she crumbled, political answers!

Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sadly there are many childminders who remain blissfully unaware of any change. It makes you wonder what they will think of the letter...if they even read it, that is
    I read mine. Maternity leave for 12 months, school at two, school open till late. Need lots more childminders. WHY? That only leaves children from 12 - 24 months needing childminders.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tunja View Post

I read mine. Maternity leave for 12 months, school at two, school open till late. Need lots more childminders. WHY? That only leaves children from 12 - 24 months needing childminders.
    We could always open at weekends!!

Ps, I am only joking

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    We could always open at weekends!!

Ps, I am only joking
    I hear Jeremy Hunt has had a wonderful idea...
    all schools will have a maternity unit on site

Truss will be chief matron and midwife and as soon as they are born... she will take over the babies and whisk them into the adjoining nursery unit which she has lavishly funded and.... an agency Cm will give lessons on how to change nappies to the poor school staff all lined up in disposable aprons and gloves

Waiting in the wings will be Gove who will be thinking hard how to test the newborns and one of the charities will be enrolling new mothers for work so they are back contributing to the economy straight away!!

Also heard Royal Mail has decided not to deliver the letters to all cms...too heavy and DfE did not pay extra for the hot air in them!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How long does it take to send 54,000 letters to CMs? I haven't got mine yet.....or is it is being sent 2nd class??
    The same length of time it took to send out all the new Registration Certs and I haven't got mine of those yet so goodness only knows if and when I will ever get the Truss letter. You would think I lived on the moon when it comes to Ofsted and their post to me and yet they always find me come inspection time Maybe they enjoy their trips to the moon???

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear Jeremy Hunt has had a wonderful idea...
    all schools will have a maternity unit on site

Truss will be chief matron and midwife and as soon as they are born... she will take over the babies and whisk them into the adjoining nursery unit which she has lavishly funded and.... an agency Cm will give lessons on how to change nappies to the poor school staff all lined up in disposable aprons and gloves

Waiting in the wings will be Gove who will be thinking hard how to test the newborns and one of the charities will be enrolling new mothers for work so they are back contributing to the economy straight away!!

Also heard Royal Mail has decided not to deliver the letters to all cms...too heavy and DfE did not pay extra for the hot air in them!
    And we all know who will head the charity don't we! Maternity leave for mothers... So unnecessary ..
    All children will be potty trained by 6 months.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Who has had their letter and who did it come from? I haven't had mine yet.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had it in an email from the LA through the Early Years Foundation Stage Forum, but that's it.

14. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

It was obvious she would use the LAs as her messengers.....in the same way she has written to all of them to encourage schools to take 2 year olds...
    LAs come in handy to Truss when she wants to use them despite the fact she is busy decimating them!

She keeps tweeting about her letter to Cms and reminding us we can now access funding...no PR skills either !

Simona Guest

Has anyone else received Truss' letter via an email from their LA?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else received Truss' letter via an email from their LA?
    No nothing yet - not an e-mail, not a letter, not even a howler delivered by my owl!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    No nothing yet - not an e-mail, not a letter, not even a howler delivered by my owl!
    Thank you for your quick reply

ALL LAs have received the letter from Truss and ALL have been asked to send it to CMs
    It is obvious that some LAs have already done so ...those trialling an agency have forwarded it.....but I would like to know why other LAs feel it is their right to hold on to such a request??

The letter said nothing new ....we know that...but how arrogant and insulting that Truss should use the LAs as her messengers and the request ignored?

Very disappointed by the little interest in this forum ...wonder why?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your quick reply

ALL LAs have received the letter from Truss and ALL have been asked to send it to CMs
    It is obvious that some LAs have already done so ...those trialling an agency have forwarded it.....but I would like to know why other LAs feel it is their right to hold on to such a request??

The letter said nothing new ....we know that...but how arrogant and insulting that Truss should use the LAs as her messengers and the request ignored?

Very disappointed by the little interest in this forum ...wonder why?
    My LA are trialling an agency, but, as yet have not sent me a copy of the letter.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just emailed my LA to ask if they have received the letter from ET and can they confirm a mail out. Mind you I have already sent them the letter and from the response I received it was the first they had seen of it.

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    My LA are trialling an agency, but, as yet have not sent me a copy of the letter.
    Thank you for your reply

My advice is if cms wish to receive this letter from their LA best thing is to email them and ask when will they send it...if at all....having spoken to my LA I can see why some are doings so while others are not.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I've just emailed my LA to ask if they have received the letter from ET and can they confirm a mail out. Mind you I have already sent them the letter and from the response I received it was the first they had seen of it.
    Yes that is exactly what is happening Smiley
    LAs have the letter and some do not know what to do with it as the instructions from Truss are far from clear

I have reported this to my association...if the letter is to all cms then all should personally receive it...what they do with it is up to them

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast