Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wixams Childminding Website

Please check out my website. Registered Childminder in Wixams, Bedfordshire.

www.jodieschildminding.co.uk

Thank You

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very good.

One thing I did notice was that there are quite a few commas instead of full stops and then sentences which don't start with a capital letter.

Also fee's in the title part doesn't have an apostrophe.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On your 'about me' page, 6 paragraph the 'I' is needs capitalising.

'Fees' doesn't need an apostrophe

'EYFS' Page: 'I' in the second line and second paragraph needs capitalising, second paragraph 'area's' doesn't need an apostrophe, 'Physical' needs a capital letter.

I found the best thing to do when making your own website was write your content in Word or something, spell and grammar check it, format it, and then copy and paste into your web template.

The content is good and clear though, and covers pretty much everything, also I like the template!

Also, I don't think you have done a link back to this forum, which you need to do!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiorjiina View Post
    Also, I don't think you have done a link back to this forum, which you need to do!
    It's ok there is one, but thanks so much for checking much appreciate that you do.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did spend the time to put the link on. I thought people were looking at good stuff not just spelling, grammar I'm not an English teacher I'm a childminder who's practice is great EYFS knowledge is 100% and cares for the children dearly

Thank you

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

People are looking at the spelling etc not to criticise but so to help you out so that you can correct it and remove any errors that may put people off.

It's very good. the only thing I would say, and you may disagree, is that I wouldn't have the fact you have a dog so prominent at the start in case it puts people off and they read no further. I'm not saying hide the fact but maybe put it somewhere else and add some detail as it may well deter people.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your comment. I'm in a 2 and 2 situation with the dog as my development officer said to be open about it as people will know whether they want a childminder with a dog or not.

So quite a hard decision, maybe that would be a good thread to see what people think.

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to know what to do.

Is it a breed of dog that might put people off?

Personally I don't think i would mention it on the website if it is. I think I would wait until people come to visit so that you can reassure people of any worries they may have in person.

I find that once people have a foot in the door and like you they are more likely to be more tolerant of things that may well have put them off before they met you if you see what I mean?

On the flip side there are people who may find you having a dog a plus but I think it may well depend on the breed. Make sure you have a thorough risk assessment done so that you can reassure any parents who may see it as an issue.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nic t - you've hit it on the nail! (sorry I'm a Londoner). I don't think I would put on a website that I have 3 cats until the prospective mindee mums come to visit. I would mention over the phone maybe but not on a business website.

I really worry about my cats upsetting prospective parents but find that in the end they help to secure a placement!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it hurts to put that you have pets, and what pets you have. If people are that put off by them, they wouldn't sign with you when they came to visit anyway.

Also, I didn't mean to sound overly critical, but people do get put off by bad spelling and grammar. It's quite a common thing on these threads for people to point out mistakes, because we all want to help each other look professional and get lots of business!

jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catswhiskers View Post
    Nic t - you've hit it on the nail! (sorry I'm a Londoner).
    Me too!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really good! I really need to make one.
    Doodles

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.. It has proved great advertising even with my dog - which some people said may put parents off. Im fully booked turning people away now.