website under construction - feedback please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default website under construction - feedback please!

http://beverleychildminder.webs.com

aside from spelling / grammar ...
    what else?
    Typos-iPhone,NOT me!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link
    Pauline x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. You have definitely thought about your approach. I like the menu. I also like the leaves on your home page - to me this says straight away that you promote the outdoors and nature.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, it looks great - I haven't even done a website myself yet and I am/was a graphic designer! You asked for comments so if it is OK I'll just point out a few little problems I noticed- some of the links don't work at the moment ('find out more' and the 'Beverly Childminder...' at the bottom of the page). You say your husband is going to be involved- maybe reassuring to know if he is your registered assistant (easy to arrange, my husband is) or at least confirm he is enhanced CRB'ed. I also sell my service on an 'eco basis' very similar to you. I am sure you have thought about this but do bare in mind for some people it can appear a bit OTT- they are looking for a safe, happy, fun, secure, affordable, accessible place for their child FIRST and any eco advantages come as a second (unless you have a very eco-concious community near you?). All my outdoor time (going to the woods every week etc) is really appreciated by parents and I would talk about that a lot as I think everyone knows how important that is. Over all, and this is just my personal opinion so do feel free to ignore, I would reduce the text a bit- there is a lot to read. 'Home' and 'About us' pages repeat themselves a bit so maybe split the info more clearly between them. The green on brown text 'other benefits include' is not readable because of the colours. And finally, maybe a bit about your working hours/days- are you open all week, all year? Do you do school drop-offs/nursery school drop-offs and if so which ones? That all sounds really picky as it is looking so good already, I hope the website goes well for you .

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Firstly, it looks great - I haven't even done a website myself yet and I am/was a graphic designer! You asked for comments so if it is OK I'll just point out a few little problems I noticed- some of the links don't work at the moment ('find out more' and the 'Beverly Childminder...' at the bottom of the page). You say your husband is going to be involved- maybe reassuring to know if he is your registered assistant (easy to arrange, my husband is) or at least confirm he is enhanced CRB'ed. I also sell my service on an 'eco basis' very similar to you. I am sure you have thought about this but do bare in mind for some people it can appear a bit OTT- they are looking for a safe, happy, fun, secure, affordable, accessible place for their child FIRST and any eco advantages come as a second (unless you have a very eco-concious community near you?). All my outdoor time (going to the woods every week etc) is really appreciated by parents and I would talk about that a lot as I think everyone knows how important that is. Over all, and this is just my personal opinion so do feel free to ignore, I would reduce the text a bit- there is a lot to read. 'Home' and 'About us' pages repeat themselves a bit so maybe split the info more clearly between them. The green on brown text 'other benefits include' is not readable because of the colours. And finally, maybe a bit about your working hours/days- are you open all week, all year? Do you do school drop-offs/nursery school drop-offs and if so which ones? That all sounds really picky as it is looking so good already, I hope the website goes well for you .
    thank you! youve picked out on things i have already thought myself... the "about me" got muddled up as i started building a few weeks ago, then re started and forgot i already did part of an about me section!
    ill fix those things, and yes i know ive got to reduce the text somewhere / somehow lol (im terrible for going on a bit lol)
    Typos-iPhone,NOT me!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Thanks for the link
    got no choice have i lol!
    it might not stay where it is though.. i have run out of the amount of free pages im aloud and need some more pages for other "more important stuff" so it might be amongst other links, on a general "LINK" page... it will be on there though!
    Typos-iPhone,NOT me!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it looks really good and good to see another eco-veggie childminder x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nature'sKids! View Post
    got no choice have i lol!
    Well you have got a choice, you can choose not to put one on and not advertise on here!! LOL

but I think it is fair that if someone wants to use my site to get free advertising for theirs then they should at least reciprocate with a link back.
    Pauline x

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Well you have got a choice, you can choose not to put one on and not advertise on here!! LOL

but I think it is fair that if someone wants to use my site to get free advertising for theirs then they should at least reciprocate with a link back.
    Totally agree
    And this site is fab Pauline!!

reg apr
    Non childminder member
    reg childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default website

looks lovely well done debbiex