websites- help please!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    FEB 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default websites- help please!!

Hello my name is sophie, and i'm new to this forum, i'm a registered childminder, and i've found this forum to be really helpful, i've looked up for so much information and found what i've needed. So thank you very much for all the help and support.

I want to create my own website, but i don't know how?? I have looked it up on the internet, but a lot of the companies want to monthly subscription fee, but i don't really want to pay monthly. I either want to create one for free or pay a one off fee, to get it created for me.

I know a lot of minders on here have their own websites, so any info or advice would be great. Perhaps any company names or person?? but i also want it to be good quality and attractive looking.

Thanks

Sophie

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I did my website through moonfruit, up to now it's advert free which is great as the last one i did (webs.com) i had to delete because there were rude ads on it. You don't need to pay for it either, it's a bit tricky to use but once you get the hang of it it's ok, check out mine www.elwickchildminding.moonfuit.com

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

just clicked on your site link and it comes up as advert relating to building a website and numerous other things,it

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karen m View Post
    just clicked on your site link and it comes up as advert relating to building a website and numerous other things,it
    Had the same, certainly not Elwick Childminding

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Had the same, certainly not Elwick Childminding
    Strange same thing happened when i clicked it.

try this link

www.elwickchildminding.moonfruit.com

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sophie1977 View Post
    I want to create my own website, but i don't know how?? I have looked it up on the internet, but a lot of the companies want to monthly subscription fee, but i don't really want to pay monthly. I either want to create one for free or pay a one off fee, to get it created for me.
    It is unlikely that you will get one built for a one off fee because whoever builds it for you will also have hosting fees to pay each year. That is why my sites have an annual fee, to take into account the hosting costs and of course a little towards the time and effort taken to build and maintain it for you!
    Pauline x

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I've just set up a website (with the help of my husband) on moonfruit.com
    He reckons it's really easy to do, once the templates are all set up. It helps if you have an idea of the services and other bits and pieces you want to tell prospective clients about, as it's just a case then of doing a great deal of cutting and pasting. I've actually really enjoyed the whole thing. Took about three evenings to complete (once my little ones were tucked up in bed).
    Emma

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I use http://www.mrsite.co.uk its so easy to use, you can add blogs, galary, you can have password protected areas which is good for parent only access, etc and they have free live support too.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Microsoft Office Live. I wanted one without adverts on it. This one costs me about £8 a year!. When I first started out I paid a company to create one for me which was great but I found I wanted to change it more often than the company allowed me to. Creating my own was really easy and of course I can amend it whenever I want.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

someone on here recommended to me wix.com - it is FANTASTIC!!!
    It is free and it is all set up as a website you choose the one you want and insert your own photos and your own words by clicking on the words they already have there and then clicking 'edit' I chose a childcare template and could have used their happy photos of kids if i'd wanted to but preferred my own.its turned out i think very professional looking and i've had lots of compliments. THe reason they offer it for free is that it gets them advertising - in the corner there is a tag for wix and the web address for my site is wix.com/blahblahblah. I have only had 1 person comment on the advertising and her is a computer techy - when i said to soem friends he'd mentioned it they were like 'what advertising?' wix hope you are so impressed with their service that you pay to upgrade and they offer quite a bit extra at some good prices - like your own domain name. I would put my website on put haven't put the link on yet!