Rick's Childminding Website (lives in Bath)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Rick's Childminding Website (lives in Bath)

    Newly registered childminder in Bath (the only male one apparantly!).
    Had lots of people look at my website but not one enquiry. I think things are generally quiet at the moment talking to other childminders. I hope it's not because I am a male childminder! Maybe someone can suggest anything I can do to improve it. I am only using a free website so restricted on adding more photos or pages!

    Thanks

    Welcome - Rick's Childminding Bath

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pixie Hollow!
    Posts
    1,936
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it looks really good, didnt have to time look through whole thing but the bits I did look at are fine. I hope you get some mindees soon. Good luck
    If all else fails......add glitter!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermist View Post
    I think it looks really good, didnt have to time look through whole thing but the bits I did look at are fine. I hope you get some mindees soon. Good luck
    Thanks very much. I thought it was quite good considering it was free and I'd never done a website before! I just think it gives people an informal look at your setting before deciding whether to inquire; it might mean less wasting of time!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,873
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello Rick and welcome to the forum,

    I really like your website. You said you are restricted on how many images you can put on there, I see you are using moonfruit, perhaps look at other free hosting sites? I use webs and have a lot of photo space on there, although restricted on the number of pages I can use.

    If I may make a couple of suggestions, just personal preference on how I (personally) look at sites. With regards to your fee page, I would perhaps not have so much info, just straight to the point on fees as again, personally I see loads of writing and actually don't really read it, just skim it. (again everyone is different, not criticising just another view point) on my site I have a kind of small print, but I also make it very clear when I have visits as the info is available in my portfolio.

    Also the sample menu gives and idea of what you offer on certain days, I know it says "sample" but believe me you can get all sorts. Perhaps an over view of what types of food you provide, rather than specifying the days if that makes sense.

    Again please don't think I am being funny. I actually REALLY like the site it has been done really well.

  5. Likes Ballette liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    Hello Rick and welcome to the forum,

    I really like your website. You said you are restricted on how many images you can put on there, I see you are using moonfruit, perhaps look at other free hosting sites? I use webs and have a lot of photo space on there, although restricted on the number of pages I can use.

    If I may make a couple of suggestions, just personal preference on how I (personally) look at sites. With regards to your fee page, I would perhaps not have so much info, just straight to the point on fees as again, personally I see loads of writing and actually don't really read it, just skim it. (again everyone is different, not criticising just another view point) on my site I have a kind of small print, but I also make it very clear when I have visits as the info is available in my portfolio.

    Also the sample menu gives and idea of what you offer on certain days, I know it says "sample" but believe me you can get all sorts. Perhaps an over view of what types of food you provide, rather than specifying the days if that makes sense.

    Again please don't think I am being funny. I actually REALLY like the site it has been done really well.
    Thanks for the comments. Never done a website before so any help is appreciated!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    446
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Hi Rick

    I enjoyed having a read of your website, it reads really well and you come across as friendly and approachable in it. I have just had my pre-reg visit and should be registered within 4 weeks and def plan on having a website. I know if I was looking for a childminder I would like to have a website I could look at first. The plus side of you already attending toddler groups is you will already be a known face and you can ask everyone to spread the word!

    Hope you start to get the calls soon!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,081
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    lovely website Rick!

    i agree with above comments but on the whole a great site!

    i have a site and i am always tweaking it....


    and welcome to childminding!!!!! and the forum!

    wibble xx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the mad house!
    Posts
    331
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Rick,
    I think it's really good. I like that you have put lots of information about you and your family. It reads really well. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some mindees soon. Especially as you get out and about to groups, most of my business comes from word of mouth.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    25
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Rick, and welcome. I think your website is a great introduction to your family and your setting

    Are you actively marketing in other ways? Lots of luck with finding some mindees soon - I hope it won't be too long for you to wait.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Thanks everyone. Always reassuring to get others to read through anything you do. I did wonder if I had too much info and waffle in there and people might miss the important bits! But I just felt that being a male childminder I had to put a bit more about me and my family in there and why I chose this career!
    Thanks again!

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottishlass View Post
    Hi Rick

    I enjoyed having a read of your website, it reads really well and you come across as friendly and approachable in it. I have just had my pre-reg visit and should be registered within 4 weeks and def plan on having a website. I know if I was looking for a childminder I would like to have a website I could look at first. The plus side of you already attending toddler groups is you will already be a known face and you can ask everyone to spread the word!

    Hope you start to get the calls soon!
    Thanks for the message. I think things are generally quiet at the moment. I know two other childminders and they are having trouble filling spaces. I guess I have to be patient. I am of the opinion that these things come in waves and soon I'll be saying I have too many enquiries!

  13. Likes scottishlass liked this post
  14. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgu97alf View Post
    Hi Rick, and welcome. I think your website is a great introduction to your family and your setting

    Are you actively marketing in other ways? Lots of luck with finding some mindees soon - I hope it won't be too long for you to wait.
    Thanks for the message. I have advertised on lots of websites now and handed out numerous cards at toddler groups. A few are saying the same old thing, they are looking for a job! But they also say they know a lot of people who may need a childminder at some point so I am hopeful. Perhaps I need to advertise elsewhere too, such as post offices.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,040
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Hi Rick,
    I think it's really good. I like that you have put lots of information about you and your family. It reads really well. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some mindees soon. Especially as you get out and about to groups, most of my business comes from word of mouth.
    I hope to get calls soon and not get down hearted! Yes everyone at play groups has said it wouldn't bother them if a man looked after their children but I just hope people looking at my adverts and website think the same thing! I'm hoping it is a good selling point as there are no other male childminders in my region!

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the mad house!
    Posts
    331
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    I hope to get calls soon and not get down hearted! Yes everyone at play groups has said it wouldn't bother them if a man looked after their children but I just hope people looking at my adverts and website think the same thing! I'm hoping it is a good selling point as there are no other male childminders in my region!
    We have one in our area and he is doing really well. Fingers crossed for you x

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    255
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lovely site, just an idea for the future, feel free to ignore, but I am utilising my website as a contact base for parents also, I have password protected areas, here are all of my policies, important letters, newletters, notices, links to my blog and ORBIT (electronic learning Journey), I have found doing this has reduced my paperwork, the parents love it as they have 24/7 access to everything and anything x all I do when I update is send an email to my parents to check my site, it just seemed daft to have a site and possibly not use it for its full potential x

  18. #16
    BucksCM Guest

    Default

    Lovely site Rick! I don't have one but love looking at other people's!
    Welcome to the forum and childminding in general.
    I think it's great that we are getting more males coming into the profession!
    Here's hoping that your spaces start to fill soon

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Rick's Childminding Website (lives in Bath) Rick's Childminding Website (lives in Bath) Rick's Childminding Website (lives in Bath)

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk