I have just added another comment to the DfE Facebook thread about agencies... I thought it was about time the thread was re-awakened!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I hope you agree with my comments... if you haven't replied yet please have your say

I wonder if anyone in a place where decisions are made has read... really read... and taken notice of these comments yet? There have been numerous 'consultations' - all with the same result - childminders neither want nor need agencies.

Fair enough we are told by Ms Truss that we won't have to join them. BUT Ofsted have clearly said they don't want us in their remit and inspections are getting tougher, good and outstanding childminders are not being provided with training, Local Authorities are being diverted from supporting childminders, less Children's Centres are welcoming childminders and we are hearing that trial agencies are frightening local childminders into joining up with them by spreading scare stories of incredibly high Ofsted fees for remaining independent (and much more)...

I read the first Ofsted inspection report under the new framework the other day - the reason the childminder was not outstanding?? She didn't explain to the children why they were washing their hands!! Her report read like an outstanding report... it is totally WRONG to treat us in this way!

We are asking DfE to look at this again! Stop pushing agencies on us - leave us to do our jobs and give us the free, independent support we deserve.

You keep telling us we are too expensive - don't put our costs up by making us pay more money for Ofsted inspections and training then!!! You keep saying you are trying to lower costs for parents - don't make them go through a middle man then!! It's not difficult to see the flaw in your plan is it?

Please re-read these comments from well trained, informed, experienced and frustrated childminders and the message they give - please stop creating a 2 tier childminder system - stop spreading confusion - stop putting childcare costs up - stop frightening dedicated childminders so much they are leaving the careers they love - we do NOT want these agencies.

Thank you.
Like · Reply · 9 minutes ago