attending a meeting "  big ofsted conversation"
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default attending a meeting " big ofsted conversation"

Today i went to the meeting being held in northamton. Which was very interesting and great to meet so many like minded people.
    I was just wondering if there were and childminders on this form that are working in the Tring area or around the area that would like to meet up and talk about the campan or any issues?
    Also on another point. What is peoples veiws on the " Childminder agentcey" issues??
    Would love to here what people think.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The general feeling on agencies is that we neither want them nor need them!

The forum and our sister groups are doing everything we can to support childminders so they don't have to join them and give them any of our hard earned money.

we will continue to share information and give advice as we go along

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I just wanted to say that I dont like the idea of agencies. I am quite capable of running my own business and have no intention of joining an agency. I havent met a childminder yet who wants to join an agency.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you let us know what was discussed at the Big Conversation meeting, well done for attending.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Could you let us know what was discussed at the Big Conversation meeting, well done for attending.
    I have posted this the other day in the #OBC thread in this forum (under IC chat)
    The agenda was the same for ALL meetings...what we had to do is come up with solutions to the 7 points raised ...and many many were suggested to be taken to Ofsted

Ofsted a go go
    Northampton have already fed back their points in Linkedin and I have reported a few from London...many suggestions are actual shared ...regardless of how far away the meetings were...which means the concerns are fairly common across the sector

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LeedsOfsted BigConvo feedback...

Went to Leeds BigConvo Friday night & a great atmosphere I thought - representation from across the sector & PACEY & LA as well. Sure others on here were there too so if you want to add correct please do! Main points as follows...

1. Consistently through every question the need for more transparency from Ofsted regarding requirements judgements & process.

2. We need a straightforward document that shows the process for inspection to which settings can refer as well. At the moment for example a setting can be downgraded to failing eg for having access using steps, & there is no means of querying that as a fair parameter for that judgement. Far too often bizarre judgements are made & without a simple common document between inspectors & providers they are difficult to query or discuss.

3. If Ofsted are to have any credibility as a regulatory authority they must be seen to be independant of government & to be honest at the moment they are not.

4. Regulation & Improvement are not really compatible roles - at least not under the current structure with 5-yearly inspection visits the only contact. Who is going to admit they feel they need support or are uncertain in an area of practice at a grading inspection???

5. QA - if an inspection is deemed so problematic that the grading given is changed by QA then a re-inspection should be triggered & the pre-inspection grading should stand meanwhile.

6. Ofsted itself needs external regulation

7. ALL INSPECTORS SHOULD HAVE WORKING EXPERIENCE ACROSS THEIR SECTOR. Too often settings are being assessed by inspectors who have little idea what good practice in Early Years should look like. It should be part of the training that placements are provided in every type of setting that inspector will assess.

8. Communication. There just is far too little coming from Ofsted - regular meetings with LAs & representative bodies should be restored where they have lapsed

9. Complaint-triggered inspections going back 10 years? When Ofsted themselves advise that paperwork can be destroyed after 6?

10. There is a complete lack of confidence in the appeals procedure & again, no clarity from Ofsted.

Pretty much it I think!

7. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much for your feedback smartbear! It seems to tally with information I have read from other areas as well.

Hopefully it will be seen as positive engagement by Ofsted