#OfstedBigConvesation: nurseries unite ...as do cms!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default #OfstedBigConvesation: nurseries unite ...as do cms!

Latest on the #OfstedBigConversation campaign to voice concerns about changes in inspections...I know we do not get mentioned enough but we are included in this

Cms are in this too so important to drive the message home....

Anyone going to any of the 5 meetings organized across England?
    Nurseries unite to tackle consistency of Ofsted inspections | Nursery World

Simona Guest

Another article out today on inspection worries and #OfstedBigConversation

Concern mounts over Ofsted early years downgradings | Children & Young People Now

Is anyone going to the 13 Sept London meeting? if so let me know and we can meet up

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would very much like to go to the Manchester meeting but it clashes with the Pacey local meeting I have already booked onto and paid for - so I can't

I really hope we will be represented by other childminders ... anyone?

Simona Guest

Another meeting has been added for #OfstedBigConversation on Friday 13th September in Leeds at 6.30pm

If you would like to attend please email
    David.ball@community-matters.org.uk for details

Details of venue to be announced...will post when I get them

As you can see the organizers are making every effort to ensure cms can attend.....have your say, do not miss this opportunity!

Just a few questions on this subject as I see many cms are reading this post...
    are cms interested in participating in this discussion?
    do you feel it will affect us? if so who will you turn to if you are faced with a sudden inspection and get downgraded?

the meetings are being held both on Friday or Saturday to allow attendance for us
    'Complaint triggered' inspections and 'downgrading' are happening to nurseries, preschools and cms alike....
    Downgrading could have an effect on cms who have recently accessed the LA funding or even cms who have accessed it for years because some LAs will stop the funding and take the kids away...

as you know NDNA and PLA have endorsed these meetings so I am sure PLA will also speak for cms but, so far, I am not aware of any other association involved...if you hear please share, this is a common effort and m'ship of any association is not a barrier, we need to unite on this

I know that there are discussions on Facebook but as I am not there I cannot pick up info or take it with me...
    I am picking up info from the nursery World LinkedIn discussion and sharing it here for all cms.
    Last edited by Simona; 28-08-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to the Northampton one

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

This is the address for those who wish to attend the Leeds meeting and message from the organizers

Ducklings at St Margarets, Town St, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5BL.

Please email david.ball@community-matters.org.uk, if people want to come so that they can keep an eye on numbers and move the venue if it gets too big. I understand that an invite will be made to Leeds Early Years, to see if they would like to participate.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish the only meeting in London would be at a time to reflect the hours cms work! 3pm is about the worst time ever.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have gone to a London one but I am working. Going to a Saturday pacey one.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    I would have gone to a London one but I am working. Going to a Saturday pacey one.
    Can you let us know if pacey are taking part in this conversation or is the event one of their regional meetings usually held in September?
    If so do feedback what cms say...thank you

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a regional one but I hope they talk about agencies.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't go to the Manchester one because I am already booked to go to the Pacey meeting on the same day - but I have compiled a list of childminder concerns and offered them to PLA if they think they might be useful.

Simona, you are also welcome to a copy to take along

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    It is a regional one but I hope they talk about agencies.
    Agencies will definitely come up at your meeting especially as the pilots will have started 1 Sept and those involved named by then...we hope??

If your meeting is after the 13/14th Sept then you can feedback about the #OstedBigConversation meetings which happen over that weekend and raise it at your meeting
    I will feedback from London and hope others will do the same whichever one they attend

I have spoken to PLA and as they will attend in London I hope cms will be represented by one association at least...

The Nursery World group on LinkedIn is discussing:
    -grades awarded by the inspector and the Ofsted Quality Assurance who may lower them when you get your report

-the appeal process as any appeals are dealt by the same company who sends the inspectors

-anonymous complaint that trigger inspections

There are Ofsted inspectors involved in these discussions and they are really ...well ...very good and human!
    One has informed us that inspectors now have access to a setting's history which they did not have before...that should be a good thing.

Will keep you posted

Simona Guest

We now have a website if you wish to link to it...join to keep updated
    All meetings venues and dates on it too..Leeds not there as yet!

#OfstedBigConversation: Home

Simona Guest

We now have 7 venues for meetings with Leeds and County Durham being added on

LEEDS MEETING - hosted by Community Matters
    Friday 13th September @ 6:30pm
    Ducklings at St Margarets, Town St, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5BL.
    Please email David Ball - david.ball@community-matters.org.uk

COUNTY DURHAM MEETING - hosted by CEEDA
    Friday 13th September @ 1:30 pm
    Hardwick Hall Hotel, Sedgefield, County Durham TS21 2EH
    Please email Jo Verill - jov@ceeda.co.uk

Don't forget to register on the website to receive updates...

Anyone going to any??
    Please join in ..even if you cannot attend make a contribution, keep updated on the latest
    Some of the stories coming from all sorts of providers about their inspections are truly shocking...we need to be listened to and engage positively!

I fail to understand what Ofsted are trying to achieve with this method of inspections apart from putting everyone on guard...inspections should not cause anxiety.
    Ofsted have been invited to attend the meetings...lets hope they accept the invitation!

Simona Guest

Latest blog from June O'Sullivan today
    Totally agree that it is ' difference, dedication and doggedness' that mark successful entrepreneurs and that is why cms must be in this.

#OfstedBigConversation: On your marks, get set

Simona Guest

Somerset is also hosting a meeting, so 8 in total now
    Details will follow as soon as I get them...hope all reas are now more or less covered for cms to attend.

Just received the update
    The #OfstedBigConverstaion website has updated all the 8 meetings, venue and dates...take a look

Last edited by Simona; 06-09-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Somerset is also hosting a meeting, so 8 in total now
    Details will follow as soon as I get them...hope all reas are now more or less covered for cms to attend.

Just received the update
    The #OfstedBigConverstaion website has updated all the 8 meetings, venue and dates...take a look

Reading has now joined
    Latest in Nursery World
    Ofsted Big Conversation weekend - latest meetings | Nursery World

Simona Guest

If any cm feels strongly about their latest inspection outcome there is the opportunity to send details to the website

I am sure it will be treated in confidence but evidence is what is now required of our experiences and if it comes directly from those who were inspected it will have weight.

I hope you will participate

Simona Guest

I have been asked to post this for your information
    Last Tuesday on Twitter did our usual CPD hour and the topic was #ofstedbigconversation

This is the feed and it will be taken to all the 9 meetings across the country...at the end you will find a summary of our concerns
    #EYTalking on #OfstedBigConversation

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive asked the Reading LA woman to circulate the details, hopefully she will
    Sweetpea x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast