#OfstedBigConvesation: nurseries unite ...as do cms!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    Ive asked the Reading LA woman to circulate the details, hopefully she will
    Thank you for your support Sweetpea
    If you have had a negative experience with inspections ...or know of another cm who has please let me have the details as I am compiling a list, with Sarah's help who is getting info on Facebook, so I can take to the meeting on 13th Sept.
    You can DM me if you prefer but we must be united in fighting this

have you received an 'unannounced ' inspection triggered by a complaint?
    how far back does the complaint go?
    was your 'scheduled cycle inspection' unannounced....or did you get a call before as per guidance?
    did the inspector tell you she was 'passing by'?
    which company did the inspector did the inspection for ...Tribal or Prospects?
    did the inspector say all cms inspections will now be unannounced?
    did the inspector grade vary from that awarded by Ofsted Quality Assurance team later on?.....where you downgraded?

No names will be revealed...please help, this is important

Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have contacted the person running the Reading event asking for an attendance list so that I can contact a representative organisation with my views.

TBH I was inspected a couple of years ago and had no concerns about it. But I am worried about some of the things I hear going on now.

If they send me participant contact details is there a document I can send them with our concerns on it?

I can also ring the Reading LA and see if any of these concerns have happened locally. She might tell me but might not

Thanks
    Sweetpea x

Simona Guest

I have contacted the person running the Reading event asking for an attendance list so that I can contact a representative organisation with my views.

TBH I was inspected a couple of years ago and had no concerns about it. But I am worried about some of the things I hear going on now.

If they send me participant contact details is there a document I can send them with our concerns on it?

I can also ring the Reading LA and see if any of these concerns have happened locally. She might tell me but might not

Thanks
    Thank you Sweetpea

The current 'questionable' inspection regime started in 2012 not before so it has to do with the revised EYFS and Ofsted saying inspection will be tougher...no one minds 'tough' what we mind is that they should be fair and the process clear
    Can anyone tell me they are absolutely clear on what Ofsted will ask and are ready for their inspection?

I too had a wonderful inspection in 2009 and I am sure many others have BUT...it is not the same as before that is why the meetings are taking place...to discuss, listen. find out and make future plans for the next steps in engagement with ofsted!!

I don't know how it works in Reading ...I assume you have to ring and put your name on the list to attend
    As for sending concerns in I think Sarah has been collecting them on FB and I have asked here...with little success...maybe cms do not believe this is going on?

it would not surprise me if your LA did not pass on any concerns to you...it is up to cms to come forward, speak up and be counted...my LA sent ALL providers a warning that unannounced inspections were happening and to feedback to them when they did

It can be done in a confidential way but unless those with bad experiences speak up we can only continue saying 'we are hearing this and that' or...'my inspection was unannounced'....we need evidence

I hope you get to attend and can then feedback here

Is anyone else going to a meeting...or helping those who attend take information?
    am I right this issue has not caught the imagination and interest of the vast majority of cms?
    or is there something I am missing considering there is a thread elsewhere in this forum, about 'unannounced inspections' with nearly 2000 hits and nearly 100 replies?
    Last edited by Simona; 08-09-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    I would hope they won't send you out the details of all the people attending their meeting. I would be livid if I was attending and found my contact details had been sent to someone I didn't know without my permission. They should not be doing that or even offering to it is against the Data Protection Act.

What you need to do is email the organiser your questions ahead of the meeting and ask for some feedback. The meetings all have agendas ao I assume they will all be minuted so you should be able to get a copy of those after the meeting.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping the LA may give me anonymous feedback.

I wouldn't expect names
    Sweetpea x

Simona Guest

Sweetpea...these meetings are being organized by private individuals we don't even know if any LAs are going along
    All cms should send a link to their LA so they know

If you want your concern raised or a question answered the best way is to contact the organizer in your area and ask for your question to be included at the meeting, they are taking bookings

For instance June O'Sullivan is hosting the London meeting in her nursery, Jenny Johnson is hosting hers at the nursery 'Kids Allowed' in Manchester ....other meetings are being organized by people who have taken the lead, rented a room or opened their setting for the meeting.
    Some meetings still have vacancies while others are bursting at the seams

It would be wonderful for LAs to be involved but we need to inform them by sending them the website link
    All questions/discussions will be collated and feedback will probably be via the website...when I know for sure I will inform you all

I can take any questions to London...I don't need names unless cms want to be open and don't mind presenting their evidence...but it has to be facts not hearsay.
    As said PLA will be in London..not sure about pacey although they replied they wanted to find a way to participate
    I am sure those in pacey will know better and maybe share?

Any questions please DM me and I will clarify further
    If any cm has a question or is unclear please post here and we take it from there

Simona Guest

Are any cms attending any of these meetings?
    is there any interest in this matter? ...the rest of the sector is raising concerns over inspection ...how do you feel cms should raise theirs?
    who would you like to see raising them for us?

Any answers would be helpful

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to Leeds; got an email today saying so oversubscribed they've changed the venue. Also says only interested in discussing the future through lack of time I think but saying if we email in specific complaints they'll include them in the feedback so presumably if a trend shows up they'll get discussed. Have forwarded Sarah's letter as found on FB group just in case no-one else had, and 1 other specific instance (inspector marked CM down for taking children out of the setting since "that isn't what parents are paying for" CM has since given up since inspection - there were other points in it too - has so completely demoralised her.)
    Will report back from Leeds - but is anyone else going?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smartbear View Post
    I'm going to Leeds; got an email today saying so oversubscribed they've changed the venue. Also says only interested in discussing the future through lack of time I think but saying if we email in specific complaints they'll include them in the feedback so presumably if a trend shows up they'll get discussed. Have forwarded Sarah's letter as found on FB group just in case no-one else had, and 1 other specific instance (inspector marked CM down for taking children out of the setting since "that isn't what parents are paying for" CM has since given up since inspection - there were other points in it too - has so completely demoralised her.)
    Will report back from Leeds - but is anyone else going?
    All the discussions will be reported on #OBC website...I assume they will do a summary of the issues that come up
    Early Years Sector NEWS - #OfstedBigConversation

Please be sure you quote what is happening not what you hear

I have continued to exchange info with Ofsted and have reported what cms are saying (no names) but Ofsted say this:

''it is always good to hear about what providers are saying.
    We would need to have individual details of cases to follow up, or your colleagues can refer to our published complaints process if they wish to take a concern further.''

I replied that cms may not complain because they take what the inspectors say as the 'norm'.

The only way is to name inspectors or give our names...but I know that is difficult
    Let's see what happens at the weekend

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

there is not one near me that I can get to, and I would have gone. I am also at training on the sat and can't miss it.

I don't have any personal experience of an inspection to complain about but will be watching and reading with interest.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    there is not one near me that I can get to, and I would have gone. I am also at training on the sat and can't miss it.

I don't have any personal experience of an inspection to complain about but will be watching and reading with interest.
    Loocyloo....Many will be in your position. I have not had any bad inspections either since Ofsted took that role over, in fact ALL 5 were conducted in a very professional manner and had a very good result.

Yes I did have a malicious complaint 4 years ago BUT it was dealt very well by Ofsted and not upheld
    Will that be resurrected to trigger an unannounced inspection?
    I have mentioned that in my email to Ofsted ...so I wait for that knock on the door

The point of this campaign is to support those who have had a bad experience and ask these questions:

could it happen to me?
    what would I do?
    who will be there to support me?
    what can we do to make it stop?

I do not believe there is one cm across England who can confidently say that knock on the door won't happen to her and she is ready for her inspection regardless of how well put her paperwork/documentation is??

If so she must live in wonderful isolation!!

With or without any bad experiences please lets join together with the sector and make a difference?
    for those who are on Facebook I believe some cms are telling about their experiences...some are heart breaking
    The rest of the sector is also speaking about those who tell of their experiences

Lets give them the courage to speak up get Ofsted to listen, accept it is happening and investigate it with the aim of moving on in a positive way!
    Last edited by Simona; 11-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.

12. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Latest #OBC blog with agenda

Ofsted a go go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12