Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

I share these concerns...cms will be pushed out of the market and in the arms of agencies
    I am not entirely convinced LAs will comply to the new guidance and schools will destroy our businesses
    Safeguarding will be the last priority in this...all that matters is cost...or cheap childcare...fool the parents who fall for it!!

We are going backwards rather than forward...this is 'deregulation' !!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

We are always going to have the 'home from home' card. Nobody can take that away...

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with the concerns raised here what I don't think they have highlighted strongly enough is the potential lack of continuity around quality of care and regulations with the changes they are proposing to make whether that relates to the setting up of agencies which could mean Ofsted rating via sampling or allowing schools to extend their provision into areas which to be frank most of them are not equipped to at present.

It seems to me all they are doing is muddying the water not making things easier for parents- how will they know whether or not the people looking after their children hold a paediatric first aid certificate or have been CRB checked - very worrying indeed!

Sam x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    We are always going to have the 'home from home' card. Nobody can take that away...
    We will continue to hold that card for babies but not once children go to school...on the whole parents will be looking for cheap childcare once their children enter the school premises

In my view cms will truly be left holding the baby!