Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...!

Sir Michael Wilshaw Ofsted Chief Inspector and cms' 'best friend' may quit over recent criticism of his education reforms ...he feels bruised and battered ...oh dear, imagine how we feel by his relentless bashing!
    What goes around comes around Sir Michael...good bye and not a minute too soon!

Open that bottle of champagne...
    I may quit over criticism, says schools
    Last edited by Simona; 14-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Aah didums - Poor Wilshaw is he feeling a little bruised and battered now he knows what we feel like when people with little to no understanding of what we do make wide reaching proposals for change without listening to us!

Sorry but surely he should have a thicker skin than that give the gravitas of the role he holds.

Sam x

3. Likes zippy, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    it's always a worry who we get next though
    I'm hoping for Sooty & Sweep. I'm pretty sure they could do a much better job

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope that ET is not far behind
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

8. Likes sarah707, AgentTink, lizann, loocyloo liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Even little blue Smurfs would do a better job...
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

10. Likes AgentTink, Mouse, lizann, loocyloo liked this post
    apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Sir Michael Wilshaw Ofsted Chief Inspector and cms' 'best friend' may quit over recent criticism of his education reforms ...he feels bruised and battered ...oh dear, imagine how we feel by his relentless bashing!
    What goes around comes around Sir Michael...good bye and not a minute too soon!

Open that bottle of champagne...
    I may quit over criticism, says schools
    Bruised and battered describes exactly how I'm feeling right now. The one thing that is keeping me going, apart from the amazing support of this forum and & and family is that I'm a strong believer in karma
    Helen xXx

12. Likes AgentTink, Mouse, Kiddleywinks, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Whoever we get he/she has to have a huge degree of respect for those in education and childcare, have sound knowledge of child development and like all govt depts affected by cuts ...get on with it not target cms to make money out of us with stupid reforms on agencies...and come out so openly about them and be patted on the back by Gove!

You may remember the previous HMCI...she was very well liked ...the problem with Wilshaw is that he is a replica of Gove, thinks he knows it all, does not listen and shows a high degree of arrogance, so he should take criticism well...but no he is hurt!

Until it is confirmed or indeed he chooses to go we can only wish...oh yes take Truss with you as well on the way out!!!

the other problem and worrying aspect is that Ofsted under him are moving into 'policy making' and that is not fair and I doubt Ofsted can remain unbiased in that situation...their role is to be the watchdog for standards in education ..how can you inspect your own policies??

Before Wilshaw it was possible to have a conversation with Ofsted now it is a constant battle and a nightmare
    His private remarks and obvious dislike of cms are not compatible with his job and him sitting at the Task and Finish Group highly questionable...how can he inspect agencies fairly when he is developing their model and inspection framework himself??

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Now this could set a dangerous precedent.

If all the CMs who were regularly exposed to unwarranted criticism (and not least by Ofsted inspectors) were to resign, well, then we really would have a childcare crisis.

15. Likes N/A, zippy, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Lets all march to the DfE and leave our certificates in Gove's intray!!!!

Mass protest and resignation ...but don't you think Bunyip that Wilshaw would turn around and say: you see cms can't take the pressure, they don't want to improve so we are better off without them??

.......and by resigning we leave thousands of vacant spaces for new cms all safely registered with agencies and complying to Ofsted agency regulation but without the cost of individual inspections straining his purse ??

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets all march to the DfE and leave our certificates in Gove's intray!!!!

Mass protest and resignation ...but don't you think Bunyip that Wilshaw would turn around and say: you see cms can't take the pressure, they don't want to improve so we are better off without them??

.......and by resigning we leave thousands of vacant spaces for new cms all safely registered with agencies and complying to Ofsted agency regulation but without the cost of individual inspections straining his purse ??
    That's the Master Plan.

Are you Truss in disguise?

Simona Guest

I shall report you to the new moderators and have you flogged in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I am Truss in disguise.....
    I can do sums and able to listen, I can run my business and consult, have lots of respect for cms and their practice and do not lavish false praise on them then stab them in the back by selling them to Sir Michael's ideas or to schools or childcare hubs...
    I fairly understand the EYFS although confused by Ofsted own interpretation
    I have clear ideas what is making childcare costly to deliver not just to parents who pay, I know where the 5bn funding is going mainly in red tape and bureaucracy....
    I recognise childcare is excellent but need to improve, I also think childcare should reflect our culture not that of the neighbours across the pond....
    I believe that positive engagement is the way to gain respect with the sector

above all I feel I know what is best for children because I have studied child development a little but need to learn more.

shall I apply for her job when she is promoted to oblivion and would you be willing to be the Education Secretary????

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I shall report you to the new moderators and have you flogged in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I am Truss in disguise.....
    I can do sums and able to listen, I can run my business and consult, have lots of respect for cms and their practice and do not lavish false praise on them then stab them in the back by selling them to Sir Michael's ideas or to schools or childcare hubs...
    I fairly understand the EYFS although confused by Ofsted own interpretation
    I have clear ideas what is making childcare costly to deliver not just to parents who pay, I know where the 5bn funding is going mainly in red tape and bureaucracy....
    I recognise childcare is excellent but need to improve, I also think childcare should reflect our culture not that of the neighbours across the pond....
    I believe that positive engagement is the way to gain respect with the sector

above all I feel I know what is best for children because I have studied child development a little but need to learn more.

shall I apply for her job when she is promoted to oblivion and would you be willing to be the Education Secretary????

Flogging citizen bunyip its a dirty job but someone has to do it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

20. Likes N/A liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My first thought was 'oh please lets hope so' but the next thought was as Sarah said 'Ah but who will we get next' Truss is due promotion isn't she?

Flogging Bunyip..... where do we buy tickets?

Simona Guest

No sign of Wilshaw going anywhere is there??
    As for Truss she is tipped to get a promotion to Minister...in charge of a dept ALL to herself so we could 'speculate' a bit here...unless Gove moves somewhere else the minister for Education job is not vacant but she could be promoted to minister within the DfE

Truss is not a Minister at present despite the fact everyone calls her that...she in the Under Secretary for Childcare and Education
    Under secretary means she is under Gove...oh that sounds painful but he admires her!!

The other thing is that Cameron has decided to 'reshuffle' his cabinet's feathers in the autumn not in July as expected so we will have to put up with this a bit longer!!

Be careful what you wish Bunyip...if all cms criticised by Ofsted left he would be rubbing his hands, replacing them with new ones registering under an agency and his wish granted!!!
    NO NO NO!! ( someone else said that before I know!!!!)

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's all keep digging at Truss's ideas and maybe she will go too