Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Simona Guest

    Default Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...!

    Sir Michael Wilshaw Ofsted Chief Inspector and cms' 'best friend' may quit over recent criticism of his education reforms ...he feels bruised and battered ...oh dear, imagine how we feel by his relentless bashing!
    What goes around comes around Sir Michael...good bye and not a minute too soon!

    Open that bottle of champagne...
    I may quit over criticism, says schools
    Last edited by Simona; 14-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    562
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Aah didums - Poor Wilshaw is he feeling a little bruised and battered now he knows what we feel like when people with little to no understanding of what we do make wide reaching proposals for change without listening to us!

    Sorry but surely he should have a thicker skin than that give the gravitas of the role he holds.

    Sam x

  3. Likes zippy, loocyloo liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,506
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

  5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,935
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    it's always a worry who we get next though
    I'm hoping for Sooty & Sweep. I'm pretty sure they could do a much better job

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the edge in surrey
    Posts
    4,749
    Registered Childminder since
    1997
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let's hope that ET is not far behind
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  8. Likes sarah707, AgentTink, lizann, loocyloo liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Surrounded by pesky Smurfs
    Posts
    4,551
    Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Even little blue Smurfs would do a better job...
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

  10. Likes AgentTink, Mouse, lizann, loocyloo liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,356
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Sir Michael Wilshaw Ofsted Chief Inspector and cms' 'best friend' may quit over recent criticism of his education reforms ...he feels bruised and battered ...oh dear, imagine how we feel by his relentless bashing!
    What goes around comes around Sir Michael...good bye and not a minute too soon!

    Open that bottle of champagne...
    I may quit over criticism, says schools
    Bruised and battered describes exactly how I'm feeling right now. The one thing that is keeping me going, apart from the amazing support of this forum and & and family is that I'm a strong believer in karma
    Helen xXx

  12. Likes AgentTink, Mouse, Kiddleywinks, loocyloo liked this post
  13. #8
    Simona Guest

    Default

    Whoever we get he/she has to have a huge degree of respect for those in education and childcare, have sound knowledge of child development and like all govt depts affected by cuts ...get on with it not target cms to make money out of us with stupid reforms on agencies...and come out so openly about them and be patted on the back by Gove!

    You may remember the previous HMCI...she was very well liked ...the problem with Wilshaw is that he is a replica of Gove, thinks he knows it all, does not listen and shows a high degree of arrogance, so he should take criticism well...but no he is hurt!

    Until it is confirmed or indeed he chooses to go we can only wish...oh yes take Truss with you as well on the way out!!!

    the other problem and worrying aspect is that Ofsted under him are moving into 'policy making' and that is not fair and I doubt Ofsted can remain unbiased in that situation...their role is to be the watchdog for standards in education ..how can you inspect your own policies??

    Before Wilshaw it was possible to have a conversation with Ofsted now it is a constant battle and a nightmare
    His private remarks and obvious dislike of cms are not compatible with his job and him sitting at the Task and Finish Group highly questionable...how can he inspect agencies fairly when he is developing their model and inspection framework himself??

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,986
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now this could set a dangerous precedent.

    If all the CMs who were regularly exposed to unwarranted criticism (and not least by Ofsted inspectors) were to resign, well, then we really would have a childcare crisis.

  15. Likes N/A, zippy, loocyloo liked this post
  16. #10
    Simona Guest

    Default

    Lets all march to the DfE and leave our certificates in Gove's intray!!!!

    Mass protest and resignation ...but don't you think Bunyip that Wilshaw would turn around and say: you see cms can't take the pressure, they don't want to improve so we are better off without them??

    .......and by resigning we leave thousands of vacant spaces for new cms all safely registered with agencies and complying to Ofsted agency regulation but without the cost of individual inspections straining his purse ??

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,986
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Lets all march to the DfE and leave our certificates in Gove's intray!!!!

    Mass protest and resignation ...but don't you think Bunyip that Wilshaw would turn around and say: you see cms can't take the pressure, they don't want to improve so we are better off without them??

    .......and by resigning we leave thousands of vacant spaces for new cms all safely registered with agencies and complying to Ofsted agency regulation but without the cost of individual inspections straining his purse ??
    That's the Master Plan.


    Are you Truss in disguise?

  18. #12
    Simona Guest

    Default

    I shall report you to the new moderators and have you flogged in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Of course I am Truss in disguise.....
    I can do sums and able to listen, I can run my business and consult, have lots of respect for cms and their practice and do not lavish false praise on them then stab them in the back by selling them to Sir Michael's ideas or to schools or childcare hubs...
    I fairly understand the EYFS although confused by Ofsted own interpretation
    I have clear ideas what is making childcare costly to deliver not just to parents who pay, I know where the 5bn funding is going mainly in red tape and bureaucracy....
    I recognise childcare is excellent but need to improve, I also think childcare should reflect our culture not that of the neighbours across the pond....
    I believe that positive engagement is the way to gain respect with the sector

    above all I feel I know what is best for children because I have studied child development a little but need to learn more.

    shall I apply for her job when she is promoted to oblivion and would you be willing to be the Education Secretary????

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,000
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I shall report you to the new moderators and have you flogged in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Of course I am Truss in disguise.....
    I can do sums and able to listen, I can run my business and consult, have lots of respect for cms and their practice and do not lavish false praise on them then stab them in the back by selling them to Sir Michael's ideas or to schools or childcare hubs...
    I fairly understand the EYFS although confused by Ofsted own interpretation
    I have clear ideas what is making childcare costly to deliver not just to parents who pay, I know where the 5bn funding is going mainly in red tape and bureaucracy....
    I recognise childcare is excellent but need to improve, I also think childcare should reflect our culture not that of the neighbours across the pond....
    I believe that positive engagement is the way to gain respect with the sector

    above all I feel I know what is best for children because I have studied child development a little but need to learn more.

    shall I apply for her job when she is promoted to oblivion and would you be willing to be the Education Secretary????

    Flogging citizen bunyip its a dirty job but someone has to do it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  20. Likes N/A liked this post
  21. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    2,140
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    My first thought was 'oh please lets hope so' but the next thought was as Sarah said 'Ah but who will we get next' Truss is due promotion isn't she?



    Flogging Bunyip..... where do we buy tickets?

  22. #15
    Simona Guest

    Default

    No sign of Wilshaw going anywhere is there??
    As for Truss she is tipped to get a promotion to Minister...in charge of a dept ALL to herself so we could 'speculate' a bit here...unless Gove moves somewhere else the minister for Education job is not vacant but she could be promoted to minister within the DfE

    Truss is not a Minister at present despite the fact everyone calls her that...she in the Under Secretary for Childcare and Education
    Under secretary means she is under Gove...oh that sounds painful but he admires her!!

    The other thing is that Cameron has decided to 'reshuffle' his cabinet's feathers in the autumn not in July as expected so we will have to put up with this a bit longer!!

    Be careful what you wish Bunyip...if all cms criticised by Ofsted left he would be rubbing his hands, replacing them with new ones registering under an agency and his wish granted!!!
    NO NO NO!! ( someone else said that before I know!!!!)

  23. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,009
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let's all keep digging at Truss's ideas and maybe she will go too

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...! Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...! Wilshaw may quit because of criticism...!

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk