Children and Families Bill Report out today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    justgoodfriends Guest

Default Children and Families Bill Report out today

- - UK Parliament

Opposition Members voiced strong opposition to the measures proposed in part 4 of the Bill (clauses 73-76), introduced childminder agencies and reformed local authority duties relating to childcare. The Committee divided on two clauses (73 and 75) and also on two new clauses relating to staff:child ratios in childminding settings. The amendments and new clauses were defeated.
    Last edited by justgoodfriends; 03-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justgoodfriends View Post
    - - UK Parliament

Opposition Members voiced strong opposition to the measures proposed in part 4 of the Bill (clauses 73-76), introduced childminder agencies and reformed local authority duties relating to childcare. The Committee divided on two clauses (73 and 75) and also on two new clauses relating to staff:child ratios in childminding settings. The amendments and new clauses were defeated.
    thank you for the link. i have read it but im not sure i understand what has happened???? is it good news or bad news???? can anyone shed any light for me please

Simona Guest

I think I watched this debate live..it is the one where Sharon Hodgson and Lucy Powell argued against agencies and ratios
    They put forward two amendements and were turned down on both...so in a way bad news

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Have any decisions actually been made?

Simona Guest

The Bill has to go through the House of Commons before it becomes law...and the Lords too I believe but judging by what we have read today from the DfE it seems all is really a done deal..just going through the motions really

Someone do something please!! (hopeless cry of frustration)

6. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sharon Hodgson and Lucy Powell worked very hard on our behalf - but they were talked over and ignored - just like we have been ignored

I think we need another push with the emails and letter writing - I'll get onto it this weekend!

After all over 50,000 people have signed our petition now. They are future voters...

8. Likes The Juggler liked this post