Thousands of childcare places lost...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Thousands of childcare places lost...

Do you agree with this article?

Yes the number of cms has dropped recently but I also know many many cms struggling to find work while others seem full as they increase their ratio under EYFS12...what will the influx of new cms proposed by Truss do for our sustainability in future??

Thousands of childcare places lost as Labour says poorest families hardest hit | Money | The Observer

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All I know is that in my area we are struggling to place children, mainly because childminders don't want to take on 2 and 3 days for children and have more lj's to do, they are waiting for a minimum of 4 days or are already full

Because of the new rules for new minders applying as of Sept 12 I have only had 2 new minders come into my area and they aren't registered yet, just finishing their course. This has had a knock on effect to places being available but now the system has started I am sure they will come through and places become available.
    Debbie

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always used to get mostly full time children but since two long term ones left 3 years ago I have had part time only. I have my first full timer since then starting in September.

For 2.5 years I have had a mixture of 1,2,3 and 4 day contracts. I don't really mind how many LJs I do as long as I am full and if that means taking on PT then so be it.

From Sept I will have 3 x 3 days a week ( have been with me 2.5 years now), a full timer and I have just signed a 2 day a week one and am waiting for another part timer to come back to me.

The oldest one starts in Nursery 5 mornings a week in Sept so he will be with them longer than me so they will do his LJ and I will stop. Mum is not pleased but she dropped the number of days with me, her choice and I am not doing an LJ unless I have to. I will do a scrap book with his work in and photos and thats it.