Ofsted possible inspection fee??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one did panic and I am not sure I will see my 30th anniversary for childminding next January, we all know how much OFSTED, Gov etc twist the truth to suit their needs/wants, until I have it in front of me in black and white that I can print off and brandish at someone, I will not believe anything said that our costs will not rise by a large amount, or that it is Gove, Truss and co determination to rid the country of independent childminders who actually dare to say something and replace us with agency childminders who are only able to do as they are told.
    Teacake2

Simona Guest

teacake2...when Sue Gregory replies I will post the letter so it will be in black and white
    Any announcement regarding cms will be 'officially' posted and announced by Ofsted and DfE

I know it is a very hard time for cms, and my question to Sue Gregory, stated that very clearly: when will cms be told as we are left dangling without confirmation?

Until we have 'facts and figures' all we can do is go on as per usual for the moment and continue to support each other...also avoid rumours as they can cause added worry

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is useful to address the rumours and to reasure people that until we have the facts in black in white that they shouldn't worry too much however I don't think it does any harm to contact the organisations for clarification just in case they think they can hike up our inspection fees by such a ridiculous amount.

Simona Guest

All representing organizations are aware of that rumour and have addressed it...pacey said so very clearly in their statement

Ofsted are also aware and puzzled by the figure: £700 is the cost of our inspection not, I was told, what they will charge us...who knows what will happen so lets wait for Sue Gregory's reply...it was a rumour and we have to take for that

Maybe someone else can write to Ofsted and see what they get in reply and we can compare answers?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234