NWorld analyses govt claims abut high ratio and reduction in costs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default NWorld analyses govt claims abut high ratio and reduction in costs

Not a single reference to cms but a good analysis

DfE claims ratio plans could slash fees by more than a quarter | Nursery World

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we actually have a date as to when they are going to make a decision yet?

Simona Guest

PLA has responded with a press release to the DfE calculations and called them a 'work of fiction' !!!

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/media/...ork-of-fiction

The ratios should come in in September...although the DfE should repsod first to the consultation but, honestly, I don't think they will take any notice

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the fact the figures are unrealistic, I know I set my prices to be roughly in line with the nurseries in my area. However, I can't compete with those sorts of prices, nor would I want to. For the work I do (including all the extra hours spent planning, completing paperwork, sourcing resources etc) my pay is a pittance.

Cathy x.