Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter from Miss Truss

My local MP has forwarded a letter from ET for me

is it worth scanning it and putting it up or is it just a standard reply I wonder

she does address my specific questions

but its rather long to type out

Simona Guest

Yes please can you share...you never know there may be something new we have not heard before??

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

hope this works , just realised i bought a printer that doesnt scan

100_0756.jpg

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

ooops left my name on this one
    Last edited by phoenix2010; 23-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

100_0762.jpg

second try

Simona Guest

Well.... we now have it straight from the Minister herself in addition to the DfE having given the same message:

cms can deliver the funding withou jumping through additional LAs hoops and those judged good/o's by Ofsted can do the 2 year old funding!!!
    It's in black and white

Will this be enough to convince some LAs to remove their conditions??? we will see
    Thank you for sharing...very useful indeed

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing

She makes it all seem so very 'reasonable' and 'enabling' but

a) Ofsted figures put CMs 3 points behind group settings, not 10%!

b) I think the cost of independent inspections etc will rise and force CMs into agencies that way.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure why I keep getting caught in the middle of controversy

was not aware this was new information

should I lock this letter in a safe in case its the one and only time she ever puts it in black and white

when do the new conditions come in for offering funding though , no mention of a date

9. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix2010 View Post
    not sure why I keep getting caught in the middle of controversy

was not aware this was new information

should I lock this letter in a safe in case its the one and only time she ever puts it in black and white

when do the new conditions come in for offering funding though , no mention of a date
    Just in case something's gone over my head (extremely possible! ) I don't think you posted anything controversial or surprising It's all stuff that's part of the MGC proposal isn't it? Interesting to read her latest piece of spin though!

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    Just in case something's gone over my head (extremely possible! ) I don't think you posted anything controversial or surprising It's all stuff that's part of the MGC proposal isn't it? Interesting to read her latest piece of spin though!
    youre right , my mistake

Simona Guest

Well Phoenix2010...your letter has come at the right time
    I have had one of those days where confusion has driven me to destruction
    I have said many time my LA will not allow cms to do any funding until the get guidance from the DfE...Truss' statement in her letter seems to me very clear: cms can do it without jumping through hoops if good/o's

Today I got an email from my EY team: would cms like to go on a waiting list to do the 2 year old funding?
    This was followed by another email: would cms like to tell EY if they have spaces for 2,3 and 4 year olds so they can be put on the waiting list?

At last I thought they had understood Truss' message but...NO!
    I still need to belong to the network despite the fact they think it will not be in place anymore in future...so what is the point of me jumping hoops and duplicating paperwork for just a few months?? Very true they said.

Then came the killing blow: we are still awaiting 'guidance' from the DfE...AARRGGHH!!
    so I quoted what cms were told at the ncma events, the various letters we have received and , also read the short paragraph from your letter (no names mentioned)
    I told her cms need to know in order to prepare for September, plan ahead etc etc...she agreed

What is going on??
    The lady I spoke to was really understanding and then I found out we will both attend the conference on 5 June: Extending the 2 year old offer

Agenda here:

http://www.westminster-briefing.com/..._London_02.pdf

So I will glue myself to her side...maybe record the speeches and then, hopefully, all will be clear to all LAs??

Of course I will feedback as much as I can
    I am sure the cut off date is Sept 2013 for the first wave of 130,000 2 year old claiming this funding and the 2nd wave of 130,000 is Sept 2014 and then...the election is only 6 months away to get rid of this govt??? #crosses fingers!!!