Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

May I ask you Simona to start to refer to NCMA by their correct name now which is pacey. I know you don't like it but nor do a lot of us. The fact is though that is what they are called now like it or not and I think it is confusing to keep insisting on using NCMA when it should be pacey.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Simona Guest

I have not heard of anyone being confused and people have a choice...I think they know who I am referring to

Aviva was referred to as Norwich Union for months after it rebranded and many people insist on calling women Ms when in fact many they dislike the title..
    .it is also easier to type ncma in addition to the fact all my paperwork is still in ncma name and will remain so until I decide
    Amazingly you typed NCMA but did not use all capitals for pacey...are you picking on a small detail?

What's in a name???

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have not heard of anyone being confused and people have a choice...I think they know who I am referring to

Aviva was referred to as Norwich Union for months after it rebranded and many people insist on calling women Ms when in fact many they dislike the title..
    .it is also easier to type ncma in addition to the fact all my paperwork is still in ncma name and will remain so until I decide
    Amazingly you typed NCMA but did not use all capitals for pacey...are you picking on a small detail?

What's in a name???
    pacey don't use capitals for their logo or in any of their branding so I am doing what they are.

Just because another company re brands and people refer to them by their old name does not make it right.

We are now members of pacey whether we like it or not Simona, so surely the professional thing to do is to use the new name and promote the new name so those, like our parents who are not members get used to the new name?

All my paperwork at the moment bears the NCMA logo but that will change and probably fairly quickly. I have already changed my headed paper, I will be changing my brochure this weekend and I will be printing out some stickers to put on my Accident Book, Register etc. so any parents viewing me will see the pacey logo not the NCMA one. I have had a parent see me this week who was aware of the change and it really won't take that long for it to be widely recognised and used.

Simona Guest

I respect your choice to change to pacey and put stickers wherever you like...being an acronym it should be in capitals as NCMA is

If and when I decide to renew my m'ship with 'pacey' I will then abide by the rules, at present I am free to use whatever name I choose and in truth I do like like the name nor did I vote for widening or rebranding
    This thread is not about organization names but something much more important and relevant to cms' future and businesses

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Simona, there are some very important changes happening, and it seems that pacey or ncma, whichever name suits, are not addressing these. They do appear to be more concerned with their profits. I certainly do not feel supported out listened to.
    The local pacey team here are as helpful as they can be under the direction of head office, but as far as speaking for me or taking my part goes, I don't feel that is happening at all.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Im as worried by the 'hubs' as by the agencies now!

as far as I can see the central hub will allocate nursery / preschool places to children and fill the times before 9 and after 3/6 with childminders. Childminders who would quite probably be better for the child ALL DAY. We are just filling the gaps , whilst the 'real' care / education isnt available. Right back to a 2 tier system in one fell swoop. And cant they see that those children will still use our limited spaces. We cant afford to take them on at 'afterschool' rates - those 3 early years spaces are what makes us viable businesses. very few could afford not to fill them.
    This is a step ( in my view) to 2 yr olds and over in schools..they need to get the wrap around care in place as the schools arent going to extend their hours are they. That spoof 'babyfarm' article is looking less and less ridiculous.
    This is too true and very worrying, not just for our businesses, but for our poor children. What about their emotional needs. There seems to be very little care for anything apart from reaching targets.

Simona Guest

I have to agree that 'childcare 'hubs' are a worry now simply because of the total silence that has surrounded them but we need to know more about them, which areas they will be in, how will cms fit in them? as equal practitioner or filling in gaps? what will be the cms' role be: childcarer and educator? where will the cm be based? what role do LAs play in this? where will the cms work from the hub or their home? who recruits them?
    will childcare hub have many parents go to them rather than cms?
    I have read somewhere in this saga that cms can participate in hubs...so maybe we will have a choice???

Lots of questions unanswered and somehow this makes me nervous because the issue has suddenly landed in the news and no one knows a thing about it?...or do they?

While concentrating on agencies which still need to be piloted and, have no funding from the DfE hubs have suddenly sprung up and get quite a lot of funding from the dept....
    I am a bit suspicious but won't speculate, we need to research and ask questions as many questions as we can and get answers

It is a bit of a coincidence that out of the 3 conferences I am going to 2 have cms hubs and agencies as topics for discussion...one with Ofsted the other with a panel that includes ncma CEO...curious!!

Simona Guest

Can't find anything on childcare hubs and no one seems to know
    This article came out yesterday
    Inside the secret garden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12