Nursery complaints about Ofsted inspections on the rise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Nursery complaints about Ofsted inspections on the rise

Is it time for Ofsted to get their house in order?

Nursery complaints about Ofsted inspection on the rise | Nursery World

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the main gist is that Ofsted are not consistent. We have heard some horror stories on here of childminders not getting the grade they deserve, even being told they can't get higher than satisfactory on their first inspection before the inspector has barely got in the door.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nurseries are saying the same as childminders - which is reassuring in a way because at least we're not being picked on!!

it's not good enough though is it? Ofsted need to up their game

Simona Guest

I would like to see Social Services come back and inspect us instead of the present bunch of 'target driven, knowledge lacking and wrong attitude ' inspectors.....ok some are pleasant and I have not had a bad experience so far...well until next time I suppose

I remember SS annual inspections with 'fondness', praise, encouragement, support and advice that was worth following because they knew their subject and all for £10 per year!!!

Seems senseless to have to live in fear of when an 'inspector' decides to call???

5. Likes karensmart4, Beaka, Mouse, funemnx liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to say I have had four OFSTED inspections in my life one as a childminder one in a school one in a holiday camp and one in a nursery. All the inspectors I had were nice, happy and really good at their job. So they aren't all bad, I do now have no fear of them.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My first inspection was fab but my second was poor. The comments that she made were untrue and wrong. I nearly complained but didn't have the energy
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Again let the Nurseries sort themselves out. The more that get Satisfactory the better. If they increase their ratios then as a Good+ childminder I am more likely to continue to fill my spaces.

I have had two terrible inspections and still got Good with Outstandings and I am prepared to fight my corner as I have done in the past and won, if I don't agree with something.

Simona Guest

Rickysmiths...As a member of ncma your position on nurseries is obvious ..you don't really care about them much
    I wonder why they are part of the widening of the ncma m'ship we, cms, were so much against ????

Cms have been speaking out about horrible experiences at inspections...but no one took any notice of them, I have seen plenty of posts in other forums too
    Now the nurseries are having a go and ...it is in the press!! someone has got to do it and PLA have come out in support

I too have had 5 inspections since they started...one better than the other but I am not confident of the next simply because no one knows which inspector we are to have and what their attitude will be and the inspections framework are in constant mutation!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since this story about nurseries hit the press I have been contacted by quite a few childminders with similar tales of woe

Some of the reasons for dropping them down to satisfactory or even unsatisfactory are absolutely shocking

Quite a few have no local support so they haven't known what to do... some have even given up as a result

We really do need to work together better - support each other - form local groups - communicate with each other - complain to Ofsted when things are clearly wrong.

I feel for the nurseries - and I see it happening to childminders - Ofsted have a complaints procedure to follow -

Ofsted | Complaints procedure: raising concerns and making complaints about Ofsted

Use it!

11. Likes nell57 liked this post