Pacey withdraws from cms training scheme
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Pacey withdraws from cms training scheme

Here is the reason why...and yes we did tweet on that day getting a hasty response !!!

Pacey retreats from childminder training project | Children & Young People Now

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully PACEY realised that they were likely to lose more members if they carried on with this training partnership.

It was interesting to hear at a Providers evening last night that a speaker said that Childminders could contact PACEY for support - she didn't seem to realise that every provider (nurseries, childminders & children centre staff) at the meeting probably comes under the PACEY umbrella (providing you are a member of course)! The meeting was supposed to be about who we will contact when the last of the Development Officers lose their jobs in August - but I am still no wiser who to call?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no problem in pacey helping to train new childminders because at least they have experience of what is needed. What experience do Barnardos have?

This is not the whole the reason the split has happened though, it is because Barnardos announced after the partnership had been formed that it was committed to the Agency Model and is planning to start some up and pacey do not agree with that.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare

In our area to do first aid we have to pay£55. Barnardos are doing it for £10. Guess which one i will be doing

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

This is pacey response on Local:

''Now the DfE has made public the projects it will be funding over the next two years, PACEY can announce it is finalising its involvement in two of them, with NCB and Action for Children. You can find out more here http://www.**************/.../pacey_...tnerships.aspx.

The focus will be on supporting existing childminders as well as recruiting new childminders, in areas where currently there is not enough childcare available, in particular to support the roll out of the free entitlement to two year olds, to support children with additional needs or to provide wraparound childcare.

We hope these programmes will go some way to demonstrating how childminders can be supported without the need for a childminder agency.

PACEY did not secure DfE funding for its own project proposal (to establish a quality improvement approach for childminders that did not require an agency to be established ). Also, initial exploration of a potential partnership with Barnardo’s has resulted in a joint agreement not to proceed together on this occasion.''(end)

Whatever they are doing they will support new cms in drawing the funding while we, the established and experienced, fight our LAs??

Is it not strange that the agencies are springing up in all different models while we still have to be consulted??

as I have said before ratios have taken our eyes off the real threat for us: agencies or childcare hubs...same difference and whatever you call them means cms will be deregulated!!

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I had no problem in pacey helping to train new childminders because at least they have experience of what is needed. What experience do Barnardos have?

This is not the whole the reason the split has happened though, it is because Barnardos announced after the partnership had been formed that it was committed to the Agency Model and is planning to start some up and pacey do not agree with that.
    this is what worries me - do they have ANY experience of training anyone in childcare qualifications for care - rather than parenting? Its one thing to ensure there is enough childcare to go about but by offering all the trianing and registration for free they will be, for one, losing money as loads of parents will do it and then probably not register and two, not really screening those who REALLY want to care for children.

I did mine for free 9 years ago but I would have paid because I was serious about it. Now LA's DO charge because of cost cutting but also so they are putting through only those who are really serious about it.

It is not a good idea. What they should do is offer financial loans to those parents who wish to do it through the normal route at the moment and this can be repayble once the parents are working - or not if the grant is there - but at least you will have people have way serious about it. I bet a very small percentage of parents will go on to mind even if they complete the training - what another waste of government money
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by childminder54 View Post
    In our area to do first aid we have to pay£55. Barnardos are doing it for £10. Guess which one i will be doing
    We pay £100 now!

Simona Guest

Barnardos are experts in disadvantaged families and do excellent work in CCentres...they would have targeted those families and they are a very reputable charity...that's where their expertise lies!
    ncma would have produced the online training required for registration process which at present all associations are busy developing and will be available to all

Those mothers attend CCentres and will be trained as new cms... we now know ncma did not like the fact there the agency element was involved and have withdrawn.... so is the CCentre the agency??

You seem to know a lot Ricky_Smith ...and yet cms had to beg ncma for news on this, which was reluctantly provided in their own time, when the whole scheme was public knowledge!!!

Agencies are happening under our very noses!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Barnardos are experts in disadvantaged families and do excellent work in CCentres...they would have targeted those families and they are a very reputable charity...that's where their expertise lies!
    ncma would have produced the online training required for registration process which at present all associations are busy developing and will be available to all

Those mothers attend CCentres and will be trained as new cms... we now know ncma did not like the fact there the agency element was involved and have withdrawn.... so is the CCentre the agency??

You seem to know a lot Ricky_Smith ...and yet cms had to beg ncma for news on this, which was reluctantly provided in their own time, when the whole scheme was public knowledge!!!

Not really I just keep my ears open and quite a lot was said at our pacey meeting in Marlow.

Simona Guest

The Pacey events were more or less the same and 2 had the DfE telling us about the 2 year old funding...their message has been well publicised and yet, here we are, still not moving forward and 3 months away from the scheme starting the huge majority of cms are still unable to financially plan for their businesses.

I feel we have all been keeping our ears open, reading and researching all that is out there, fed up with the lack of news and the dripping of information, hoping some miracle may happen or at least that someone will start listening to us...Clegg was first then Cameron but we have no way of getting through to the Minister

Our info sharing has been amazing strengthened by the support we are trying to give each other...if you feel that agencies or such like are not round the corner share with us what makes you think so because, so far, all points that way!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona;1251874[COLOR="#0000CD"
    ]Barnardos are experts in disadvantaged families and do excellent work in CCentres...they would have targeted those families and they are a very reputable charity...that's where their expertise lies![/COLOR]ncma would have produced the online training required for registration process which at present all associations are busy developing and will be available to all

I know they are experts in this field simona and they do amazing work with supporting parenting for disadvantaged families but that does not make them qualified to train childcare professionals. Now PACEY have pulled out who will supply training for these potential childminders????
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Simona Guest

That question has been asked of them and they appear willing to share...I will get back if I hear anything