How many EY staff in your LA?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default How many EY staff in your LA?

We know that each LA is different and having spoken to cms all over the country there seems to be a difference in the number of EY staff or consultants in their team who support cms
    Some seem to have had no change, while others say their number has been reduced and others report there is no one left to support them

What is the number of EY staff in your LA now and what is happening in future?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    We know that each LA is different and having spoken to cms all over the country there seems to be a difference in the number of EY staff or consultants in their team who support cms
    Some seem to have had no change, while others say their number has been reduced and others report there is no one left to support them

What is the number of EY staff in your LA now and what is happening in future?
    In the Bath & Northeast Somerset area there are 4 development officers (with others who work behind the scene). There doesn't seem to have been a reduction in numbers but perhaps a reduced attendance for things like the childminding group. Our DO used to run our group, now it is run by 2 childminders, assisted by the others. DO turns up every now and then for some of the group.

We had an email about reductions to their budget but no specifics as to cuts other than stated above.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea. I have been registered since January and I have had no contact with anyone (except to pick up my certificate from a lady I don't know last week). I don't think anyone actually cares that I am childminding and certainly no one is interested in coming to check out what I am doing. I have had no 'welcome to cm' phone call, letter etc. guess it is just every cm for themselves up here.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Think there is a project manager who works full time plus seven development workers and I think they are all part time working about 18 hours plus one admin member of staff - I am in Nottinghamshire

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    I have no idea. I have been registered since January and I have had no contact with anyone (except to pick up my certificate from a lady I don't know last week). I don't think anyone actually cares that I am childminding and certainly no one is interested in coming to check out what I am doing. I have had no 'welcome to cm' phone call, letter etc. guess it is just every cm for themselves up here.
    Well I only knew my DOs because they took the ICP course. It might be worth trying to find out who your DO is and make contact if you want to. In an ideal world you would get a phone call but I'm afraid it's the ones who shout loudest who get what they want! I've only had my DO twice in my home, once pre reg and once pre graded inspection. She attends our CM group sometimes. Do you have a CM group to get in the loop. Ask other CMs who your DO is.

Simona Guest

I agree that there is nothing to stop cms calling their EY and asking what the future looks like
    They may waffle a bit but surely they should be able to tell you what their team consists of now?

If cms do not do this I can see no one else doing it for us??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have 3 in Cheshire east and they cover a huge area. Cheshire west lost their DOs a year or 2 ago and they weren't replaced

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

north yorks is HUGE, we have 6 or 7 areas and each area has 1 or 2 DO, they either work full or part time. there is one for my area, and she works full time. but as well as supporting childminders, they also support preschools & private nurseries, although we also have early years teacher support ( called something else but i can't remember! ) in each area for preschools/nurseries/schools(reception). there are also a few people in the main office and also running the FIS. the 30 plus childrens centres are also there to help/support, and each of those has several workers.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

1 1/2 that look after CM's. the rest are nursery/daycare only (1 is p-time not half a person )
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got