Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Visits made by Ms Truss this year to early years providers

So... tell me... where are the 'lots and lots' of childminders Ms Truss has consulted with on her 'More Great Childcare' plan then?

Children: Day Care: 24 Apr 2013: Hansard Written Answers and Statements - TheyWorkForYou

I am sure the 6 early years providers she has visited will just love her descriptions of them in the press last week

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah I'm not sure I can even bring myself to read it for fear of blowing a blood vessel
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ooohhh, she has been busy. You think with all the time off she gets she could have tried to squeeze in a few more!

Simona Guest

So lets do the sums for Truss who has a degree in economics and should be very good at numbers.....if there are 96,000 and 65,000 are cms that means 31,000 are nurseries and preschools and she visited 6 where children were running around in a chaotic way and without purpose?

Does that minute percentage give her the right to spew out her fantasies about French childcare? where is her mandate?
    as said ...if she wants to be minister for childcare she needs to gain our trust

5. Likes loocyloo, mum26 liked this post
    Simona Guest

It gets better.. of the 6 nurseries 2 were actually a breakfast club and the other an out of hour provision...all running around with no purpose?

See PLA press release....is the minister beginning to spin out of control?
    https://www.pre-school.org.uk/get-in...s-latest-news#

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So she can come up with a plan for the future of childminders without actually visiting one!
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

So has she not visited ANY Childminders at all then?!

This is absolutely outrageous and she needs taking to task over it. The entire Childminding sector is being drastically changed for the worse with a pathetic amount of 'research' and romantic misguided ideas about France.

I am disgusted.... but not surprised. I knew the moment she said 'lots and lots' it was a load of old flannel.

:-(

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what ?? I feel like running around with no purpose

11. Likes lisbet, loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    See PLA press release....is the minister beginning to spin out of control?
    https://www.pre-school.org.uk/get-in...s-latest-news#
    Ha, ha, ha, Ms Truss!!

Go Sharon Hodgson and PLA

More articles like that, please!
    Last edited by lisbet; 26-04-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    You know what ?? I feel like running around with no purpose
    Me too!

(But after that I'm running purposefully to the cupboard where the wine is and developing my motor skills as I raise a glass to the downfall of Wilshaw, Truss and Gove )

Sorry Feeling VERY Friday here.

14. Likes funemnx, chriss liked this post
    Simona Guest

Sammy...she likes cms and 'heaps' lavish praise on us!! so a visit to a cm would have been a waste of her time or maybe she did not want to see the hard work we do in and out 3 times a day to deliver and collect children from school in what looks like buggies that resemble cages...it may have indicated how doing it with her ratios may become impossible and chaotic??

Oh... and she forgets that those French graduates do not do school runs, they are in a building all day, the French 'darlings' do not go to school until 6 and that those teachers actually have assistants who change nappies and do the care while they do the structured teaching!!

While Truss is busy getting mothers to return to work, because it is good for the economy, she is also busy putting 65,000 cms' at risk of losing their jobs by !!!
    That's a stab in the back like Brutus to you and I!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going away to visit relatives this weekend, but have manically just fired off a series of tweets to alert press to this latest 'gem' of info.

Suggest fellow tweeters do the same - you never know, might build up the 'steam' a bit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Sammy...she likes cms and 'heaps' lavish praise on us!! so a visit to a cm would have been a waste of her time or maybe she did not want to see the hard work we do in and out 3 times a day to deliver and collect children from school in what looks like buggies that resemble cages...it may have indicated how doing it with her ratios may become impossible and chaotic??

Oh... and she forgets that those French graduates do not do school runs, they are in a building all day, the French 'darlings' do not go to school until 6 and that those teachers actually have assistants who change nappies and do the care while they do the structured teaching!!

While Truss is busy getting mothers to return to work, because it is good for the economy, she is also busy putting 65,000 cms' at risk of losing their jobs by !!!
    That's a stab in the back like Brutus to you and I!!!
    YUP!
    I hear & feel your pain!
    :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely ridiculous - how on earth can she lie to everyone and not realise that we will find out. She holds no regard for childminders at all - as most of us work alone she recognises that it may be more difficult to promote a united front against the changes - she must have forgotten how easily information can be transmitted via the internet and forums such as this. Or maybe she thinks childminders just aren't that clever and will not realise how far reaching her 'proposals' will be and how they will affect us.

Post Thanks / Like

Right! that's IT - another letter / email to my MP is being fired off on Monday. Short and sweet - just focusing on this - surely it is undemocrstic and/or misleading?!

Truss is NOT getting away with this :-(

20. Likes mum26, bernesewalking liked this post
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it possible for the government to implement all these proposed changes if Truss hasn't even visited one childminder?
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx