Protest against Early Years reforms
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Protest against Early Years reforms

On 26 March there was an exchange of tweets on Twitter about Cathy Nutbrown's demolition of the proposed regorms on MGC
    I suggested we should have a 'day of action for children'... someone should arrange to meet up in Trafalgar Square with buggies in tow and show our feelings (I have to admit I have been saying this for a long time but done nothing about it!!)

Someone replied saying she is aware of such an event being organized..I asked why it sounded all 'hush hush' and she replied she could not give details as it was not her 'project'
    So bunyip you may get your wish granted but not a 'riot' but a demonstration...keep your ears open everyone especially if you are on Facebook or Linkedin where all happens!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    On 26 March there was an exchange of tweets on Twitter about Cathy Nutbrown's demolition of the proposed regorms on MGC
    I suggested we should have a 'day of action for children'... someone should arrange to meet up in Trafalgar Square with buggies in tow and show our feelings (I have to admit I have been saying this for a long time but done nothing about it!!)

Someone replied saying she is aware of such an event being organized..I asked why it sounded all 'hush hush' and she replied she could not give details as it was not her 'project'
    So bunyip you may get your wish granted but not a 'riot' but a demonstration...keep your ears open everyone especially if you are on Facebook or Linkedin where all happens!
    why on earth would anyone keep such an event quiet - surely you'd need as many folk there as possible ?? well if you do find out Simona let us know - I'll be there
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

3. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That doesn't sound like a demonstration but a meeting of people who wont be noticed in the crowds.

Why is it hush hush - or is it playground tactics you can only come if you are in my gang.

Sorry tired and a headache.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Mouse, The Juggler liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    That doesn't sound like a demonstration but a meeting of people who wont be noticed in the crowds.

Why is it hush hush - or is it playground tactics you can only come if you are in my gang.

Sorry tired and a headache.
    I think some people like to plan things in quiet, then burst onto the scene with a big "hey, look at me" announcement

7. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Simona Guest

I agree with you all....can't imagine why such a 'protest or event' would be kept quiet?...unions arrange marches and make everyone known well in advance
    These is the tweet replying to my call for someone to arrange a march/meeting ...whatever:

'Im aware of such an event being planned at the mo - Early planning stages but will share details when poss'

My tweet in reply: 'Sounds very very hush hush???'

next tweet: 'No not at all just not in position to 'break' the news or share details as its not my project'

and my next tweet: 'Any more news on this event? surely it needs a lot of publicity+thousands to attend to make voice heard?'

so whoever is organizing is keeping it quiet...back on the trail! will keep you posted.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you all....can't imagine why such a 'protest or event' would be kept quiet?...unions arrange marches and make everyone known well in advance
    These is the tweet replying to my call for someone to arrange a march/meeting ...whatever:

'Im aware of such an event being planned at the mo - Early planning stages but will share details when poss'

next tweet: 'No not at all just not in position to 'break' the news or share details as its not my project'

and my next tweet: 'Any more news on this event? surely it needs a lot of publicity+thousands to attend to make voice heard?'

so whoever is organizing is keeping it quiet...back on the trail! will keep you posted.

let us know. tell whoever it is that she'll have plenty of willing people, ready to join the cause if they'll only let us know where and when
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Simona Guest

Will keep you informed....someone keeps moving the posts around in the forum making my head spin!!
    back to a bit of Sherlok-ing but I need a Dr Watson for some elementary deductions!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Will keep you informed....someone keeps moving the posts around in the forum making my head spin!!
    back to a bit of Sherlok-ing but I need a Dr Watson for some elementary deductions!
    Simona this post is about 'campaigns and petitions' so is has been moved by admin to the 'campaigns and petitions' area of the forum - with re-directs so it can be followed.

The 'independent childminders' section of the forum where it started is for information and news to support independent childminders such as ideas for advertising, new Independent Childminders - Supporting each other website content etc.

I hope that makes sense

Simona Guest

Thanks Sarah...I realised that and found it last night

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mmm no still very cynical. Why give little snippets out about a protest unless Im missing something you need thousands of people to make a demonstration be worthwhile. If no information is being given out then it wont be much off one.

Unless they don't want the northern people to attend and lets be honest it wont be that easy for minders just to up and go to the capital with mindees if they are not in the surrounding area
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Simona Guest

If you are on Facebook you may have heard about it...on Twitter there are snippets of information
    Totally agree with you ...to work it would need the backing of thousands