Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i am bombarding my local MP with links to all these articles telling him he must read them to see the effects that MGC will have on children and childcare
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i am bombarding my local MP with links to all these articles telling him he must read them to see the effects that MGC will have on children and childcare
    That is an excellent idea Juggler!

I hope others are doing the same! We need to speak up - lots of us - not just a few - there is strength in numbers!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just been to a local cm forum this morning. the LA advisor had on the agenda to discuss MGC but she let me have my rant first . I handed out my 'have your say' posters and explained in great detail why everyone had a responsibility to have their say and told them more about what it could mean. There were only about 30 minders but most came and said to me they were going to contact their parents over the weekend and get them to complete the consultation also.

Its very scary though that even of these minders - who are motivated enough to come to these networking forum - many of them have only just found out about the proposals and the possible meanings for us and children.

I think the LA's had a greater responsibility to make minders aware of these consultations personally - especially if they want to keep their jobs!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got