Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The first agency pilot has appeared!

So guys... this is what an agency will look like then...

Part Time Flexible Childcare in Nottingham and Sheffield, Childcare Jobs, Childcare Training

Nice that they are listening to us and taking note of our arguments isn't it

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Frigthening to see how quickly they are being set up - wonder how long they have actually known
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes silvermist liked this post
    Jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god! I am really shocked at this. It is just all too quick. I have clicked on the link and looked at the home page, then closed it down. I can't even bring myself to look any further.

5. Likes hectors house liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Government’s recommendation to develop ‘Childminder Agencies’ will allow childminders to deliver better care, according to Yvette Oliver-Mighten, owner of childcare provider @Home Childcare, which already delivers childcare under an agency model

Should I email them and tell them to kiss my backside (insert other words if you like)
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Linda Mc, tashaleee, Ripeberry, silvermist liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you read this bit Sarah... that they have been piloting it since September 2012

Since September 2012, we have been piloting @Home Childminding in the form of a focus group of childminder learners interested in mentoring and compliance support. The group consists of new childminders and established self-employed childminders, both of which benefit from our quality development mentoring support in the following different ways:

• New childminders benefit from professional, individual mentoring support commencing with the start-up stage, through to registration and beyond in the development of successful childcare businesses.
    • Established self-employed childminders benefit from a regular mentoring support service, when it is needed most e.g. EYFS compliance, Ofsted inspection or CPD training. The support helps them to maintain and develop their business or future career aspirations.

For both groups, mentoring support has enabled childminders to become more confident and knowledgeable in areas of their service such as parental engagement, marketing their business and developing best practice.
    Department of Education

Because of our close links with childminders and our home childcare model, we have been asked by the Department of Education to use our @Home Childminding pilot to help formulate their strategy and plans on childminding agencies.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading it quickly Sarah, they sound just like the company Sitters but with a bit of training included at a cost of course, although the first aid isn't too bad compared with some areas.
    They are only offering part-time childcare though and of course we would be employed by them, not self-employed anymore.
    Teacake2

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Agencies have obviously been looked into for while and just put into MGC to give them cover as they knew people would concentrate on the ratios. Full steam ahead then regardless of what childminders think or want.

11. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by welshgirl View Post
    Oh my god! I am really shocked at this. It is just all too quick. I have clicked on the link and looked at the home page, then closed it down. I can't even bring myself to look any further.
    Ha ha i did the same
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes AgentTink I did read it!

Remember when the 'deregulation' petition was closed down last year and I said at the time - this thing is not going away just because it's gone quiet?

I am so sad that I was right

14. Likes AgentTink, Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocking that its obviously been on the back burner for months I'm wondering what the hourly rate is for such a flexible service. Not good news

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just read a article on the site and i am even more confused... On one hand the owner is lobbying about how important it is that Nannies are regulated and then on the other hand is going to pilot a Childminding Agency Model where individual childminders will not be regulated by Ofsted...im a bit confused, i think i have read too much too quickly

Part Time Flexible Childcare in Nottingham and Sheffield, Childcare Jobs, Childcare Training

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shamai View Post
    Shocking that its obviously been on the back burner for months I'm wondering what the hourly rate is for such a flexible service. Not good news
    Apparently its £3.70 per hour

Based in Nottingham and Sheffield, it offers wraparound childcare in the home, including care for the children of shift workers, pick-ups from after school clubs and nursery for those working late and drop offs in the mornings plus holiday and weekend childcare. The childcare is provided in the parents' home and can be used on a pay as you go basis, with a flat rate of around £3.70 an hour per child being charged to make it more affordable.

Parents who use the service include council workers using after-school care from 3.30pm - 6pm; lone parent working shifts, using before and after-school care from as early as 6.30am and up until 9pm; lone self-employed parent using after-school care until 10pm plus three full days per week during school holidays; and two teachers using term-time only care from 7am.

Many of the people who work for @Home Childcare covering short hour demands such as after school pick-ups are students or older people, such as grandmothers, who are given appropriate training. Longer hours such as those needed by shiftworkers are covered by experienced childcare workers who want to work in the home. One family where both members are ambulance workers and work shifts have three carers – one main carer and two back-ups.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    Apparently its £3.70 per hour

Based in Nottingham and Sheffield, it offers wraparound childcare in the home, including care for the children of shift workers, pick-ups from after school clubs and nursery for those working late and drop offs in the mornings plus holiday and weekend childcare. The childcare is provided in the parents' home and can be used on a pay as you go basis, with a flat rate of around £3.70 an hour per child being charged to make it more affordable.

Parents who use the service include council workers using after-school care from 3.30pm - 6pm; lone parent working shifts, using before and after-school care from as early as 6.30am and up until 9pm; lone self-employed parent using after-school care until 10pm plus three full days per week during school holidays; and two teachers using term-time only care from 7am.

Many of the people who work for @Home Childcare covering short hour demands such as after school pick-ups are students or older people, such as grandmothers, who are given appropriate training. Longer hours such as those needed by shiftworkers are covered by experienced childcare workers who want to work in the home. One family where both members are ambulance workers and work shifts have three carers – one main carer and two back-ups.
    this sounds like nannies to me, not childminders.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We believe we offer a more affordable form of childcare through our flexible pay-as-you-go childcare.

We provide you with childcare options that will fit your needs and household budget.

Once you have agreed the amount of childcare hours you would like to use, we only charge you for what you have used.

We do not charge any cost penalties for extending your childcare if you are late home. If, for any reason, you are running late or you need to pre-arrange extra childcare minutes or hours, we only charge you for the extra time in blocks of 15 minutes.

You can use your tax credits or childcare vouchers to help pay for our childcare. We accept all major childcare vouchers including Accor, Computershare, Kiddivouchers and Care-4.

Our service is even more affordable for families with 2 or 3 children.

If you need childcare for 1 or 2 children, our Share @Home Childcare service allows two families to share the cost of one of our home childcarers.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    this sounds like nannies to me, not childminders.
    I agree LoocyLoo, the current model is more based on Nannies, however the company is hoping to do the same for childminders. The thing that still is not discussed is the fee for the company to have childminders on its book, and it is part of the whole proposition.

They have been piloting the following

• New childminders benefit from professional, individual mentoring support commencing with the start-up stage, through to registration and beyond in the development of successful childcare businesses.
    • Established self-employed childminders benefit from a regular mentoring support service, when it is needed most e.g. EYFS compliance, Ofsted inspection or CPD training. The support helps them to maintain and develop their business or future career aspirations.

I would like to know if the pilot childminders had to pay a fee for this service or was it free as it was a pilot

They are now moving the pilot forward and want to offer the following:
    @Home Childminding (@HCM) is a range of support services and opportunities to help childminders set up, develop, improve and maintain a successful home-based childcare business. Our prime purpose is to provide continuous professional support, advice and guidance to childminders on demand, whilst focussing on the best possible outcomes for children and their families. This can be summed up as Quality Development Support.

These things do not come free.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah = had you ever heard of them as a training provider or anything else before this? If they have been around since 2005 supporting minders, I would have thought you would have heard of them? Sounds fishy to me.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is currently for childminding in the childs own home. This is different to what we do. Maybe it will include care in the minders home in the future, but this agency is currently for childminding in the childs own home. I have done this before, as a respite minder. I would mind, through the council, in the childs own home. It isn't some big scarey thing, it is something that has happened for a long time.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The pilot information does not say anything about getting you clients,they are just piloting a support package, which is very similar to some LA/NCMA/Networks. But yet again no mention of costs?
    What are our support services?

As @HCM is in its infancy, we will be launching with three key services which, from our research with our focus group, we understand as being a priority amongst childminders.
    Quality Development Mentoring

Our Childminder Development Mentor provides quality development support and guidance to childminders. They support childminders by providing opportunities for you to reflect and improve on your EYFS practice, as well as offer practical advice with your developing business.
    Our Quality Development Mentor, an expert in Early Years, is an ex-Ofsted inspector and a university lecturer for the Early Years Foundation Degree programme. More importantly, as an ex-childminder with extensive experience, she is passionate about supporting and developing childminders to enable them to fulfil their professional and personal potential.
    Our Quality Development Mentoring programme is closely mapped to the EYFS and the requirements of Ofsted self-evaluation report so you will be able to receive expert guidance and support in these areas.
    Training

As an accredited training centre, we provide flexible training specifically designed for childminders. Our training is SFA funded which means there are stringent qualitative measures we have to adhere in order to receive the funding. We deliver the following:

• Pre-registration training such as Paediatric First Aid, The Home-based Childcare unit (CYPOP5), An Introduction to the EYFS, Safeguarding Children etc
    • Qualification training including the Level 3 Diploma and Level 5 in Leadership
    • CPD and Awareness training i.e. short courses tailored to suit childminder’s needs – all delivered at time and place childminders can easily access including evenings and weekends
    • English, Maths and ICT (equivalent of GCSE/Level 2) if you need to refresh or brush up on your Functional Skills

Start Up Support

We understand that for individuals who are thinking of becoming a childminder the process can be time consuming, stressful and costly – especially when some costs have to be made before they are earning an income from their business.
    We can offer professional support, advice and practical solutions to this start up process either as a total support and training service, incorporating the mandatory registration and qualifications a new childminder requires, or as a new starter mentoring and support service to help with the first few months after a childminder has registered.
    To help with the financial aspects of becoming a childminder, we can offer a number of different options to spread the cost.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No Juggler I've not heard of them - and neither have friends in Yorkshire / Notts who I have spoken to today.

My contact tells me they were nanny based and are now moving into piloting for childminding agencies - but it's still in the early stages of development.

It isn't 'supposed' to be starting properly until Sept according to Ms Truss - so I suppose a few things will still be undecided.

They are just the first ones I am aware of to put their heads above the parapet and say what they will be doing.

I have just thought of at least one more that will be coming online soon too - I've seen the signs and only just recognised them what a clot

xx

Post Thanks / Like

They have been piloting since last September!

:-(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast