May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

just seen this post. Shocking

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

its very scary how fast this is going without anyone actually being in favour of it.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I suddenly feel queasy

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    I suddenly feel queasy
    I know that feeling, It's like an army marching towards us that we can't stop!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    They have been piloting since last September!

:-(
    Everytime I see the word "piloting" my brain subsitutes the word "plotting" - think that is closer to the truth We have been well and truely stitched up!

6. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't get is how their model could really provide 'quality' childcare. Gutting.
    Mum of three, 6,5 and 4. Now minding a few more too!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not Childminding - it's Nannying using a slightly different name. Have just sent them some tweets... couldn't stop myself :-/

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but I have just skimmed over the threads, dont even want to read what you guys are saying, or read the link. Maybe tomorrow when I have calmed down a bit.
    I am self employed and want to stay that way, run my own busisness how I want.

10. Likes nipper liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard of them.
    I did my initial 1st aid course propr to registering with them , and I did my nvq 3 with them.
    They have been around for a few years I believe , offering nannying services , and training.
    I believe Bunyip hasw come across them too from a previous post.

Although they will have all my details I wasnt approached about a pilot scheme. Probably a good job !

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    I suddenly feel queasy
    Feel the same ( using my phone & as typed same, the word danger came up... Does my phone know something we don't?! )
    I couldn't eat my tea I feel so sick.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of them - one of their staff phoned me yesterday as I am the contact for our local group. They didn't mention agencies but I asked them if the company was interested in setting up an agency. The person I spoke to said they already have childcarers working for them who provide unsocial hours care ( the kind of hours not usually covered by childminders, nurseries etc) and offer training and support for childminders so yes they were looking at the possibility of extending that and they had been approached by the DfE to be part of the pilot to shape the agency model - not quite the whole truth if what it says on their website is to be believed!

Poor soul must have thought I was keen as they asked if it was the sort of thing I'd be interested in. The call ended quite abruptly when I said no and I wouldn't want my name associated with any company that was forming an agency.

I'm sure they'll be the first of many to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks tacky and unprofessional
    One life live it

15. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    It looks tacky and unprofessional
    That was my first impression. It looks like something cobbled together in a hurry. It certainly would attract me as a childminder or a parent.

17. Likes Trouble liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry people but i cant click on the link cos i know ill be giving them to much internet traffic and when some one is searching for a childminder it will be these twits that end up top of your google list!!!! And taking all our work we have spent years building up our businesses!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it wasn't a good website either, but does seem to solve a parents every need so I can see what we're going to have to compete with. It may be enough to jolt others into being a but more aware?

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi they are based about 6 miles from me and I did my nvq3 with them. They had government funding so I was offered the course for free and it was all done by computer and a mentor came out to observe me in the areas needed.

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Notts and had heard of them before this. I did my first aid course with them in 2010, they werent the providers of the course but they set it all up and there were people that worked for @home childcare there as well as self employed childminders. I had heard about the service that they provided but saw it as more 'nannying' than childminding.

Post Thanks / Like

Hypothetical question as frankly the whole scheme stinks but - I don't get how we can change to being 'employed'. What about our expenses such as resources, meals, petrol, outings etc? When we set our own fee and contract that includes funding our USP's. Everyone is just going to get paid for a bog standard service which is not what childminding is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had series of tweets with them this morning, the details of the new Childminding service is not yet up on the website. I have suggested they change the text to say so, as currently it's causing confusion.

We'll wait patiently to see what details emerge over the next few days and weeks....

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

as a parent I would not find what this agency is offering as attractive to be honest

it mentions 2 or 3 people caring for the childen , well id rather put a bit more effort in and find one person that can care for my children

it also mentions grandparents and students providing before and after school care , well i dont know many students that would do that and frankly i wouldnt want a student or a grandparent looking to top up their pension to look after my children

it all seems a bit odd to me , im surprised they get any business , and would not fill me with confidence

and as a childminder quite frankly it sucks , and as it stands i would not be threatened by it one bit

I understand these are the beginnings of it , but where are these agencies going to get minders to sign up , when 97% are against them ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast