Thread: Deregulation

Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deregulation

Hi,

Just a quick question... Just had a meeting with my development officer who said she wasn't worried about ratios or agency changes but the whole deregulation of a childminder??? I thought we had won this campaign on the subject and now not going to be deregulated? Have I missed something and got this wrong?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Using an agency could be classed as deregulation as the agency would be ofsted registered, not the childminder.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So for all childminders that decide not to join an agency will we remain ofsted reg'd? I suppose this question has already been asked before... Hmmm will just have to wait for more news on agencies to get it answered

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    So for all childminders that decide not to join an agency will we remain ofsted reg'd? I suppose this question has already been asked before... Hmmm will just have to wait for more news on agencies to get it answered
    Yes, that's what's being said at the moment. You will have the choice of either joining an agency, or remaining independent. If you chose to remain independent you will be individually inspected by Ofsted, keep your own registration number etc. It does sound as if the annual fee will increase for independent childminders, but there's been no official indication of what it might rise to.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

And it makes you wonder how much they will charge us to be 'independent'.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Hi,

Just a quick question... Just had a meeting with my development officer who said she wasn't worried about ratios or agency changes but the whole deregulation of a childminder??? I thought we had won this campaign on the subject and now not going to be deregulated? Have I missed something and got this wrong?
    I don't think any of these issues go away forever. The Fungus the Bogeyman philosophy tends to apply.

So long as childcare remains a political football, we can all expect to get kicked.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not assuming that Gov will make it easy for us to stay Independent. They SAY it's choice, but I'm convinced they will make it deliberately hard and offer Parents massive 'carrots' if the go with Agencies.

We have to fight it!

8. Likes sarah707, mum24, mummyMia liked this post