Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who did ET ask?

Registered Childminder since
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who did ET ask?

So far just about everyone is against the ratio changes. All childminders and support groups are against agencies. So who did she ask? How do we find out who she has asked for advice? Who did the research? I wish I knew who to ask as clearly ET can only phone home.
    Last edited by jackie 7; 21-02-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Spell check

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

That question was asked on Mumsnet livechat thingy. I'm sure she said that the list of who had been asked would be published.
    Clearly, she meant it would be published in a remote village in Indonesia

3. Likes bunyip, mum24 liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Huh I would like to know who she spoke to! Not me or anyone I know obviously.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillplum View Post
    Huh I would like to know who she spoke to! Not me or anyone I know obviously.
    Clearly you don't hang around the bar in Truss's local Conservative club.

I assume the Indonesians do, whilst waiting for an appointment with their UK arms dealers.
    Last edited by bunyip; 21-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.

6. Likes jillplum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bananabrain - yes she said the list of the 'lots and lots' of people who were consulted would be posted up on Mumsnet... It hasn't! I can only assume she did not have a list and had been trying to create one in the meantime...

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

on current form , she invited people who agreed with her to a meeting and asked them their views!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Bananabrain - yes she said the list of the 'lots and lots' of people who were consulted would be posted up on Mumsnet... It hasn't! I can only assume she did not have a list and had been trying to create one in the meantime...
    Totalling ignoring those people's views is one thing - forgetting where she put the list of their names is another.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's the answer to your question

It is taken from the forum analysis of her plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc - page 2

The ‘More Great Childcare Plan’ may have been consulted with a few stakeholders, quote ‘I've held a series of meetings with nursery providers, interested organisations like the Daycare Trust, NCMA, My Family Care and nanny agencies’ (Mumsnet webchat, 7.2.2013). However, Daycare Trust has reported grave concerns about the plans (21.5.2012); NCMA quickly released a statement reassuring their members that neither they nor the ‘overwhelming majority’ of their members support the plans (7.2.2013); My Family Care reported that, ‘This Truss woman has a load of very strange ideas that she's cobbled together from around the world’ (19.9.2012) and childminders are confused about the relevance of consulting unregulated nanny agencies about early years ratios and childminder agencies.

11. Likes jo.jo76, mum24 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Here's the answer to your question

It is taken from the forum analysis of her plan - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc - page 2

The ‘More Great Childcare Plan’ may have been consulted with a few stakeholders, quote ‘I've held a series of meetings with nursery providers, interested organisations like the Daycare Trust, NCMA, My Family Care and nanny agencies’ (Mumsnet webchat, 7.2.2013). However, Daycare Trust has reported grave concerns about the plans (21.5.2012); NCMA quickly released a statement reassuring their members that neither they nor the ‘overwhelming majority’ of their members support the plans (7.2.2013); My Family Care reported that, ‘This Truss woman has a load of very strange ideas that she's cobbled together from around the world’ (19.9.2012) and childminders are confused about the relevance of consulting unregulated nanny agencies about early years ratios and childminder agencies.
    yes! she may have consulted with lots of people - it doesn't mean she took any notice of anything they said!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She clearly hasn't asked anybody who knows anything about childminding, because we are all on here and someone would have posted exactly what they told her!