Truss confirms govt will push ahead with ratio plans
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Truss confirms govt will push ahead with ratio plans

Looks like neither providers nor experts have been able to convince Truss that higher ratios are not welcome or good for children's outcomes...the decision seems to have been taken even before the result of the consultation are published....what next?

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/get-in...s-latest-news#

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Frightening but sadly I'm not surprised

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised either. They are not listening. But we don't HAVE to use the ratios. Parents will have the final say in the end. Do they want a very busy setting or a quieter one for their child(ren).
    Agencies are where we need to concentrate our fight!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

4. Likes The Juggler, loocyloo liked this post
    justgoodfriends Guest

Would it be from this Sept if it does go ahead or have they not said?

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What would happen with currently self granted variations? I have 2 sets of siblings and my dd all under 5 and am due baby in June.

I would work with six under 5 Every morning.

Will this still ne allowed?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memina View Post
    What would happen with currently self granted variations? I have 2 sets of siblings and my dd all under 5 and am due baby in June.

Nobody can answer that yet because nothing has changed in law.

Anything we say would be guesswork until the EYFS is revised - if that is what happens - we are still fighting!!

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear its so confusing and I assume that I would not be the only one in a similar situation

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Memina View Post

i have read somewhere recently and i'm sorry i can't remember where/or find it again, but it was an 'official document' (might be my LA) that we will still be able to have variations for exceptional circumstances and all variations currently in place will stand until they are completed.

Simona Guest

I think that deep down we knew she would take no notice and go ahead with her plans and pilots...that does not mean that we cannot be prepared...this whole thing is not just driven by the DfE but Ofsted are in and looks to me they are galloping towards the changes they want to see

I find it rather strange that 'few' if any LAs have actually supported or engaged with cms on this, even with the threat of their role being wiped out they are stubbornly out of reach and unwilling to engage in conversation with us

has any cm written to their LA or EY team to ask for some sort of meeting to, for instance, discuss the current proposals and especially the consultation on their changing role especially the proposals in part d of the consultation?
    did you get a reply?

There are many issue affecting the entire workforce but cms are being hit by quite a few :
    higher ratio, agencies and other models of agencies,
    recruitment of new cms (in some areas needed but not in others)...ncma has promised clarification and DfE will announce in May who is involved in addition to ncma...not difficult to guess but we must not do that!!
    question mark over how/by whom we will be supported if the LAs disappear,
    unsure what will happen to the present cms networks,
    how we claim for funding, are we all allowed to join the 2 year old scheme
    how to advertise our vacancies if FIS and LAs will not do that for us from Sept 13...and that must include 'competition' with the piloting agencies
    accessibility of training,
    cost of training, cost of being 'individually inspected with Ofsted, cost of registration with Ofsted..
    I am sure others will have more to add

The above is to encourage cms to be prepared ...some cms will be represented by the association they choose to belong to ...what about those who are not members of anything? self sufficiency kicks in here...what are our plans?

Anywhere you go to read about the newest proposals the same message comes up over and over : the DfE wants us to be self sufficient...in fact the DfE has told both ncma and PLA 2 years ago about this self sufficiency.... if you read the NW article posted in this forum it is there in black and white so we have been warned

We have been discussing for a while about our determination to remain independent.... I accept that until the DfE announces all the proposals we can only attempt to second guess so we wait until July when all will be in place and we have just a few weeks to get everything sorted? even LAs are almost closed during holidays so where will we get support?

another thing we may need to do is to concentrate on what is happening 'locally' rather than 'nationally' and what being 'independent' really means and whether that 'title' actually fits what we will be from Sept?

The thing that scare me the most about this whole thing is 'the speed of the proposals' as all must be in place by Sept.