From the DFE - What are childminding agencies?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default From the DFE - What are childminding agencies?

Introducing childminder agencies in England .

What are childminder agencies? An introduction - Welcome

Not sure if its been posted before
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

posted it one min before you did!

Great minds etc

no mention of who will be paying for this?

also all the rubbish about tax credits....we dont really deal with them.They are not an issue....

twits

wibble x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post
    posted it one min before you did!

Great minds etc

no mention of who will be paying for this?

also all the rubbish about tax credits....we dont really deal with them.They are not an issue....

twits

wibble x
    Twits I like that its really close to what Im thinking in my head
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How can a school, childminder or nursery give unbiased help, match parents to childminder.

A nursery is basically a childminders rival...you're telling me that they are going to give children to childminders instead of keeping them for themselves?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is I think parents who haven't used childminders (to know how fantastic we all are) are going to love these agencies - it does all the hard work for them, saves them ringing round to find out who has spaces, sorts out all the funding and can arrange for temp childcare if childminder is sick. If they aren't going to be told about "us" the other childminders - they will think agencies are the only option.

6. Likes loocyloo, mum24 liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

still avoiding fees question!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Trouble is I think parents who haven't used childminders (to know how fantastic we all are) are going to love these agencies - it does all the hard work for them, saves them ringing round to find out who has spaces, sorts out all the funding and can arrange for temp childcare if childminder is sick. If they aren't going to be told about "us" the other childminders - they will think agencies are the only option.
    i don't want to 'like' because i don't like the sound of it! but i totally agree!

it won't cross some parents minds that there is even any other type of childminder which is why we are going to have to work very hard at advertising/word of mouth.

( maybe we need to buy up all the agency domain names???? )

Post Thanks / Like

Parents aren't daft tho - I'm busy setting up my business again (re-registered) and meeting new clients. All the parents I have met the last two weeks have asked me about my ratios are are very well informed. They don't like what is going on and are relieved when I say I don't look after more than 3.

Yes a few will have the wool pulled over their eyes and not realise there are Independents, but if we continue to advertise and publicise, they will still come to us.

NCMA & Ofsted will make it clear on their websites that Independents exist. Maybe Independents in local areas should get together and produce their own publicity - especially if there is a strong agency.

My concerns are:
    Cost to be inspected by Ofsted
    I do not believe it will remain voluntary

10. Likes mum24 liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if network/other CM groups who share information on vacancies will be forced to register as agencies.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Much of what they are saying an agency will offer is already sorted through networks, the local do visits regularly already and local childminding groups cover much else. The rest such as tax credits we dont get involved with anyway.
    Also as others have said, nurseries are our competitors, they will not pass business our way.
    And I think that after just a few months, because agencies will have the money and be able to advertise much more effectively, any childminder not part of an agency will be suspected of having something to hide, not being up to scratch and also old fashioned and second best. It will be very difficult to stand up for ourselves individually. The agency model actually worries me much more than ratios, after all they have not changed that much, and have almost always been available on a variation.
    This is so frustrating, as it really isn't sorting out the problems it is supposed to. It doesn't make life easier for us and will not make childcare more cost effective for parents.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

now i know why my county fis site is rubbish even though they claim it to be wonderful. They are making way to be an agency.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

this is unclear

it says the agencies will deal with tax credits , so does that mean parents needing childcare tax credits will have to go through an agency

also it says that ofsted will inspect the agency and the agency will inspect the childminders

so if im not with an agency who inspects me ? and if its not ofsted does that mean i dont have an ofsted number , in which case parents cant use me if they are claiming childcare tax credits

they say we have a choice and dont have to join but theres no information about what happens to those of us who do not want to join an agency

does anyone have any kind of answers as im struggling to find out